Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

WHAT I HAVE TO GO TO WALMART AND CAMPOUT AND BE IN 1 OF 4 CHAIRS AT MIDNIGHT.......

Posted by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 8:36 AM
  • 38 Replies

SO I CALLED WALMART ABOUT A WII SINCE MY MOM CANT FIND ONE ANYWHERE ALL THE WALMARTS AROUND SAID THEY WERE DOING THIS-THE ONE RIGHT DOWN THE ROAD FROM ME- COME CAMPOUT THEY WILL HAVE 4 CHAIRS IN FRONT OF ELECTRONICS -AT MIDNIGHT THEY WILL GET 4 IN AND WHOEVER IS ON THOSE 4 CHAIRS GETS TO BUY ONE.WHAT????DO YOUR WALMARTS DO THIS??I DIDNT KNOW IT WOULD BE SO HARD TO GET A WII.

DEDICATED DOLLS WEIGHT LOSS AND TONING (Just click here on the name to join!)WE HAVE CHALLENGES,WEIGHINS,PICS,MEASUREMENTS,AND DIET TIPS AND INFO!

by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 8:36 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
tes1proudmomma
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 8:40 AM

DH works at Wal*Mart here in VA...they don't do that...but, it's a first come first serve basis, they won't hold them for people.

Lilypie Kids birthday TickerLilypie Kids birthday Ticker

sweetness4u2day
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 8:42 AM

I've never heard of walmart doing this either.

Patty24momof5
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 8:43 AM

WEIRD HUH?!!! THEY CALLED IT THE LAWN CHAIR CAMPOUT.

petersgal
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 8:45 AM

When I got my dads Wii for Christmas last year, I went to Best Buy.  They told me they had a shipment coming in the next day, and I could come in the morning to get a "number". The first 10 people at the door in the morning would be handed a number, and only those 10 people got a Wii.  Since they were impossible to find and that is what my family wanted to get my dad I went down to Best Buy... at 5 a.m.  of course, no employees there, but there WERE 8 other people already in line at the door!!! At 5 a.m. in the freezing butt cold!  Ugh, so I got out of my car and got in line and got the number 9, and at 10 when they finally opened I was able to pick up my Wii

So yes, stores do stupid crap like that

brandi2781

The one here doesnt do it that way, but they will make lines and let you set in them forever til the shipment comes in and then hand them out first in line and so forth.  I saw a post on here last nite or sat nite and it said that amazon.com had them in stock and free shipping, you may want to look into that.

mommybug77

Ours does not do that. I find it strange because the things people say they can't find such as the wii & the wii fit are all over the place here & I live in a major city. I would not camp out for the chance of 1 of 4 though. Wait until after the holidays

Praying
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 8:46 AM

I camped out for Wii's last year at Circuit City.

We bought 2 and sold one (each customer can buy 1 only) We were told there were only 20 in line yet more than 20 people waited, uselessly, which was weird.

We camped out only 6 hours for those.

However, one week later we also camped out at circuit city for 12 hrs (black friday) for a sweet deal on a tv.

When the ps3 came out (no we didnt' buy one) but our Target had peple camped out 48 hours ahead of time.

"A government big enough to give you what you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have." - Gerald Ford

Praying
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 8:47 AM

I also don't think it's stupid. How else do you suppose they should handle this, let people trample one another when the door opens?

"A government big enough to give you what you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have." - Gerald Ford

sheena696
by Platinum Member on Dec. 15, 2008 at 8:47 AM

Ugh, that is something I just would not do. I will order one online before I go through that junk. That way I am guaranteed to get it.

KSwan24
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 8:48 AM

yeah and manufacturers do it on purpose. they only make so many at Christmas, so you still buy what you would have paid for the wii...blah blah...then come January when they "miraculously" have more, you still buy the wii. voila! you just spent twice what you were going to. i learned this in sociology this semester...sucks huh?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)