Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

any pediatritians on here?

Posted by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 9:22 AM
  • 5 Replies

ok i dont know if i should take my son to the doc.. he s 7 months old. he was constipated on thursday night and friday morning but we gave him some appleprune juice and it worked wonders!! thursday night he also threw up all his formula. and friday in the morning he did it a couple of times i had to bring him home from daycare.  i gave him some "gripe water" and he was fine all day and just threw up one time at night.  same thing saturday he was fine all day and puked at night and the same thing thrusday.  i dont know what it could be. he doesnt have a fever or anything hes been good most of the time just a little more clingy than usual but hes been laughing and playing like normal.. should i take him in?? or should i give it another day? i just want some opinions cause i cant miss too much work right now so i dont want to take him in and they tell me its a bug and you just have to wait it out.

by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 9:22 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
jillbailey26
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 9:23 AM

Instead of taking him in, just call your pediatrician and ask their opinion.  They can help you over the phone and tell you if you should bring him in.

~Jill~

c_boerman
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 9:24 AM

I am not a pedi. but you can at least call the doctors office and speak to a nurse and she will tell you if you should come in or not!

"Laugh when you can, apologize when you should, and let go of what you can't ..... when life knocks you down you have two choices-stay down or get up!"

Rhynestonefreak
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 9:25 AM
when you call the doctor just say you need to talk to a nurse, I do it all the time lol, you can tell I'm a paranoid mommy when I know what nurse is on call that day, I just ask for them by name.

A Jan. baby!!! Parker (6-1-07)

evaleesmom
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 9:25 AM

duh!!! oh my gosh im such a dork.. haha i never even thought of just calling them! thanks ladies..... last time this happend though they made me take him in just to tell me that it was a bug!!

jillbailey26
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 9:27 AM

LOL, it's okay, we all get a little flustered when our kids are sick.  I know all my common sense goes right out the window.

Quoting evaleesmom:

duh!!! oh my gosh im such a dork.. haha i never even thought of just calling them! thanks ladies..... last time this happend though they made me take him in just to tell me that it was a bug!!

~Jill~

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)