Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Forgive me for being a post whore today , one more question... (TMI)

Posted by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 9:49 AM
  • 10 Replies

Okay so like I posted a few days ago I'm a little bit of a hypochondriac. I have been on my period for a week now and I noticed last night & today the blood is black. How normal / un-normal is this? I don't believe it's ever happened before. Any words of advice? At Least tell me I'm okay lol.

by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 9:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ribbons4curls
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 9:50 AM

I would drink more water. Not sure why but it's a start and would probably help.

shorty7452

that usually means its ending

MyHotComments.com

2boysMoma

I'm sure your ok, it's mostlikely old blood from your period that hadn't made it out while fresh.  It happens all the time.

MyHotComments.comMyHotComments
I'm the candle lady! Check out my profile and see what i'm into!
awmw06
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 9:51 AM

I know, tmi, but I've done that before, on my heavier and longer periods....its okay.... I dont know why it does it, but it does sometimes...you're okay mama.

kristal2146
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 9:52 AM

k, so I know its wierd.. but is it more like really dark brown or really BLACK.. if its black I would call your doc.. if its brown its pretty common to have brown around the end of your period. Before I had the baby I woud have a day of brown in the beg. and at the end of every period.. that's how I knew it was coming to an end since I had it for 6-9 days each time.

Kristal- momma to Auria (7/15/08)baby girl

auntie to Andrew(6) Jaylen(3) and Alicia(1)

tyra618
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 9:52 AM

Drink more water and could be ending.   Do you take birth control if so that could be the reason as well.  If you have cramps or pain call your doctor.

KYChica
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 9:53 AM

Tyyyyyyyyra , I never realized you were in this group.

Quoting tyra618:

Drink more water and could be ending.   Do you take birth control if so that could be the reason as well.  If you have cramps or pain call your doctor.

kristaldlopez
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 9:53 AM

Blood clots Don't worry normal

Lilmama217
by Bronze Member on Dec. 15, 2008 at 9:55 AM

I'm not sure. This happened to me last week, except I had red blood for 2 days, then 4 days of brownish spotting.... and my period came 5 days early. But I'm always irregular and haven't had a normal flow for 2 years:(

tyra618
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 10:01 AM

yes em I'm here. 

Quoting KYChica:

Tyyyyyyyyra , I never realized you were in this group.

Quoting tyra618:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)