Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Husband just doesnt understand

Posted by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 10:00 AM
  • 6 Replies

So Im not really happy with my current weight and lately it has become a personal issue for me. Im 5'8 and 148 lbs I brought this up to my hubby and told him Id like to get a personal trainer and of course he doesnt understand. He says he'll be my personal trainer. What he doesnt understand is he doesnt push me to work out and a personal trainer would. I dont know how to get him to realize that I truly am unhappy with myself at this point. He thinks its comical and Im serious.... any ideas on how to get him to understand ladies?

by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 10:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
sassired8
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 10:01 AM

No help here..but I'll bump ya....I know how you feel though...I'm 5'8" and was 148 a few months ago and now I'm down around 140!!!

MOM22QTS
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 10:01 AM

sorry that i cant help you, i think you look great! and you just had a baby! i think u can do it without a trainer and save some money toO!

and u may be 148, but i think you have your weight on all the right places..you dont look great!

KYChica
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 10:02 AM

I don't know momma , maybe you should give him a try. My husband use to be a boxer , & he's trained me for a while. Though he is a bit more lenient on me , he makes me do it.

PugBug_117
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 10:03 AM

oh gosh! Mine doesn't understand either, all he's looking at is how much it would cost to get a gym membership! He thinks I can just work out at home....with the kids there just fine....yet he gets to go to the gym for 3-4 hours whenever he wants! pisses me off.

I have to have self-motivation.....and lately, I haven't.

Now...to get him to understand..I have no idea there! Sorry.

jaiden615

I guess im just looking for motivation and he doesnt really motivate me lol he'll let me stop if I just bat an eyelash LOL

Quoting MOM22QTS:

sorry that i cant help you, i think you look great! and you just had a baby! i think u can do it without a trainer and save some money toO!

mommyofhanna

im there with ya !!..i signed myself up to a gym and i work out by myself or with girlfriends they give me the push i need and also i meet some really nice  ppl at the gym..my husband is over seas kind  of nice b/c other wise  he would be up my butt telling how to do the gym stuff instead of showing me or telling me in a nice way .lol id ont like when he tries to help with me with things like this..

just try talkin to him again ..if he still doesnt get it just sign up and do it and show him ur really all about this..good luck!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)