Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Follow-up to "Were you a..."

Posted by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 10:43 AM
  • 24 Replies

Poll

Question: Were you a pregnant bride?

Options:

No

Yes...but we didn't know it yet.

Yes...12 weeks or less.

Yes...13-24 weeks

Yes...25-32 weeks

Yes...33-34 weeks

Yes...35-36 weeks

Yes...37-38 weeks

Yes...39-40 weeks

Other...because there has to be an

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 104

View Results

Were you pregnant when you got married?

if so, was it planned?

did the pregnancy influence your wedding date?

If you could do it over would you change the fact that you were a pregnant bride?

Maria--Latina wife to Marc since 22 Dec 2003.  Mom to Isabel 10 Feb 96; Joanne 15 Jun 98; Marina 30 Nov 02; and Luisa 9 Jan 2004.

Owner-Pregnant Brides  Were you pregnant when you tied the knot? Come share your experiences. Will you be pregnant when you get married? Come learn from our stories.

by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 10:43 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mamitamaria
by Bronze Member on Dec. 15, 2008 at 10:46 AM

I was 32 weeks at my first wedding and 35 weeks at my second wedding.

The pregnancy did not really influence either wedding date. With number 1 we were waiting for our highschool graduation. With #2 I was waiting for my divorce to become final.

Both were unplanned.

I actually wouldn't change eing a pregnant bride. I think the "pregnant glow" thing combined with the "bride glow" thing actually was really beautiful.

northernmommy
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 10:47 AM

nope our Joshua was 7 weeks old at our wedding. lol

babies

Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker
Mum2Alex
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 10:47 AM

nah, i wouldnt get married when i was preggers, SO glad i didnt *lol*

Mommy2Ean
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 10:48 AM

No, but I did get pregnant about 6 weeks after our wedding!

londoncouple1
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 10:49 AM

I was not pregnant when we got married. I did however get pregnant when we had been dating for 6 months. We had talked about getting married before I got pregnant, but had planned to date for a few years first. When I got pregnant we chose not to change our plans. I am glad we did that because our son was born at 20 weeks. He obviously didn't survive. Had we gotten married while I was pregnant I would have felt like the baby was the only reason he was with me and since there was no baby he would be miserable with me. We married about a year after our son was born, and I know he maried me because he loved ME and wanted to be with ME.

jennie300
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 10:49 AM

my son was 1 when we got married.

I.R.Rachel
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 10:50 AM

I was pregnant at our wedding. about 34 weeks. Elyjah was a surprise pregnancy but the wedding wasn't. We were actually planing the big day when I found out we were expecting.

wilesmomma
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 10:52 AM

Yes I looked like a marshmellow in my wedding dress. And I would NOT change me pregnant if I had to do it over again, because I know that our baby is why were together. and its not what you think, I didn't get pregnant on purpose to keep him, wouldn't do that to my children, it was our familes that had a problem with us, and we knew if we wanted to stay happy together without sneaking around, we had to have a baby!! Best choice we ever made, that baby we had is going to be 3 this WED!!!!!!!!!!!

mommyslate
by Silver Member on Dec. 15, 2008 at 10:54 AM

In April I went in for my pap and my doc was talking to me about my ovaries and said because I am so fibrocystic when I'm not on BC it may take me a while to get preggo b/c I don't have a regular cycle.  So My Husband (then BF) decided to get off BC now to allow my cycle to regulateeven though we weren't married or engaged but we had been together 3 years and knew the wedding would come soon, and wanted babies soon after we got married.  He then proposed a month later on May 17th.  2 days later I was in the hospital for vomiting and severe pain and they thought  I had a cyst b/c I went off my BC.  Nope I was preggo.  Took us all of 6 weeks.

So our original wedding date was March 2008, but we went to the courthouse and made it official in December of 2007 in the event of complications w/ my c section.  But we are still having and actual "Wedding" next year.

mommyslate
by Silver Member on Dec. 15, 2008 at 10:56 AM

Oh so that made me 8 months preggo when we got married at the courthouse, and no I wouldn't change it

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)