Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Control freak stalker

Posted by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 10:49 AM
  • 7 Replies

Poll

Question: Is it okay to read your DH/So texts annd emails?

Options:

no, that makes you a control freak stalker!

yes, people who have nothing to hide, hide nothing!

Depends..... please comment

other

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 35

View Results

Is it okay to read your DH/ So texts or emails?

by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 10:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
mym1chelle
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 10:52 AM

yes. and as long as they have nothing to hide it shouldnt matter.

WM3ORG_3.gif wm3 image by QueenB783

Junebug926
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 10:53 AM

For the most part I don't see a need to but if your gut is telling you something then you should look into it. Most often that little voice in your head is right. Listen to it.

madtan23
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 10:55 AM

I read hubby's but only at home since he usually asks me to check his phone so he doesnt have to get up...I don't worry about it to much though...If I ever feel like there is something I need to know, I just ask...Unfortunatly for him I know when he's not telling the whole truth, or not at all..

sagi6666
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 11:01 AM

I don't read his and he doesn't read mine...Of course, we don't give each other a reason to think the other has anything to hide...But we do respect each other's space and privacy at the same time too...If he ever asks, I would let him, no problem...Only thing I get anyway is nothing but junk mail or spam crap...Have fun reading away!!! lol...Cause of that reason alone, I rarely go into e-mail, shoot, half the time I have to pick my brain on what the darn screenname and password is again...lol...God, I'm terrible...Text messages? I hate texting, it takes me forever to type in the word "hi", just cause you got to press the stupid buttons more than once sometimes for it not to mispell words...It's just quicker to make the doggon call if you asked me...lol

AmelieH
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 11:02 AM

depends on the relationship.  i don't care if DH reads my email, or text messages or vice versa.  we don't hide anything from each other...  there isn't anything interesting for either of us to find anyway. 

Another circumstance is when there has been some break in trust and checking up on the other is necessary.

mferruz
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 11:06 AM

Sometimes leaves his email up and when I click on the computer I can't help but see it.  He often has some pretty interesting discussions (political type stuff) with his friends from college so if one catches my attention I'll read it, but I don't seek it out.  His phone I've never looked at.

hotrodlassie
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 11:27 AM

The reason I ask is because when SO and I first started to date he left everything open and had nothing to hide. It's one of the resons I feel in love with him. But the past couple of months he signs out of his email and never leaves his phone alone, even to shower!! Well, the other day he gave me his phone to take downstairs to his mom so she could use it. Well, yes i snooped. I found some lies he told me but nothing I was willing to leave the relationship for so I did not mention I knew he has been lying. Turns out his Mom saw me looking at the phone and told him. He is pissed. But I have nothing to hide and hide nothing and he still checks the history on the computer every night to check on me. I don't care but I do care that he has changed an aspect of our relationship that is very important to me. BTW the lies of have been about going out to lunch with a female co-worker (if I did that all hell would break loose), Saying he had a poker tournament the same time as my 5 yr old's bday party, turns out the poker tournament was the next night and he was texting friends to go out that night. stuff like that.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)