Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Washing Stuffed Animals

Posted by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 10:58 AM
  • 7 Replies

My son received a 2-3' plush horse last year for Christmas. Well Last night in the middle of the night our Christmas Tree fell over. The horse was right in front of the tree and soaked up most of the water. The tree water had sugar in it. I can't find any washing instructions on it and want to wash it so it doesn't get ruined and smelly. I also have some others of his that I need to wash as well. Anyone have any suggestions as to what to do?

Thanks!

by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 10:58 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
jillbailey26
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 11:00 AM

With the ones that were allowed to be washed, I always put them inside of a pillowcase.

~Jill~

linda4
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 11:01 AM

You put all the stuffed animals in a pillow case and safety pin the opening closed and wash on delicate cycle, do not put in the dryer air dry them.

MikeysMom51108
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 11:02 AM

I always hand wash stuffed animals, then leave them out to dry. Machine washing seems to sepearte the stuffing inside and you end up with bunches of stuffing in one spot and none in another.

othermom
by Ruby Member on Dec. 15, 2008 at 11:02 AM

I have just been tossing my daughters toys in the wash with the laundry and haven't ruined any yet.

02nana07
by Silver Member on Dec. 15, 2008 at 11:04 AM

WHEN MY SILS HOUSE BURNED I WASHED ALL NIECES STUFFED ANIMALS I PUT THEM IN A PILLOWCASE TO WASH THEM IT HELPS THEM FROM FALLING APART.  I WASHED ON GENTLE CYLE AND TUMBLED DRY. THEY ALL CAME OUT GREAT YOU CAN ADD A TENNIS SHOE TO THE DRYER IF THEY NEED TO BE FLUFFY WORKS WITH PILLOWS TOO.

jaycee1124
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 11:04 AM

We always throw them in a pillowcase and then in the washer and dryer. So far ALL of them have made it (including one that was mine as a kid!) but our "rule" is that if they can't make it they get trashed. We don't do surface wash only (even if the tag says to) and we don't air dry. It takes too long to air dry and I worry about mold and mildew developing inside the stuffing.

Jazzabell69
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 11:09 AM

That's what I'm worried about with this horse cause it soaked up the water. It's his favorite horse too. Thanks!

Quoting jaycee1124:

We always throw them in a pillowcase and then in the washer and dryer. So far ALL of them have made it (including one that was mine as a kid!) but our "rule" is that if they can't make it they get trashed. We don't do surface wash only (even if the tag says to) and we don't air dry. It takes too long to air dry and I worry about mold and mildew developing inside the stuffing.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)