Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Am I wrong??...vent

Posted by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 11:32 AM
  • 24 Replies

I am 9 months pregnant..having the baby Thursday. I have a 2 year old as well. My husband, son and I were invited to a "birthday party" for one of my husbands friends, who was turning 21. I didn't really feel comfortable going because I knew there would be drinking and I didn't want our son around that, but a week ago they insisted on us bringing him. I tried to talk my husband out of going...because I just  didn't feel like going. Well he wouldn't have that he HAD to go. So I got ready and got our son ready...we were on our way over to the party when they called and said it wasn't appropriate for our son to be there...no big deal, I didn't want to go anyways.

Usually when I tell my husband I dont want to go somewhere, or I don't feel comfortable with him going somewhere he drops the whole thing and just stays home with his family.

Well Saturday night, after they had called and told us not to bring our son, he begged and begged to go..why I dont know. I didn't really like the people that was going to be there and I made that clear. (they are the type of friends that tries to get him to do stuff, they are all like 21 so you know)

Well me being pregnant thinks that he should have WANTED to stay home and be with me and his son...because in 3 days I'm going to be in the hospital with another one.

So my hormones got  a hold of me and I pitched a fit. I didn't understand why he wanted to go so bad....I mean he was mad at me for not letting him go.

Well at about 11:00 I finally gave in and told him to be back in an hour. An hour passes and he still isn't home...so I call and he doesn't answer, I keep calling and he answers but all I can hear is music and then the phone hangs up. I call again and he answers and says he is leaving.

So he gets home and is telling me about it..and he says there were strippers there...WHAT THE HELL. and he says he knew when they called and told him not to bring our son. OMG so I was pissed off because I feel like he ditched his family to go watch a bunch of strippers while I'm sitting at home about to pop with his baby.

Let me add that I am a SAHM and never really do anything so I love when my husband gets off work so we can spend/ do family stuff together. and then he is going to pull this...I am pissed off.

He also told me he wasn't going to drink at the party and he came home smelling like alcohol. The strippers were giving lap dances, he sears up and down he didn't...but his friends were there getting them...so only god knows if he did or not.

He said he didn't tell me that there was going to be strippers there because he knew I wouldn't let him go...I didn't really let him go in the first place, he kinda just walked out the door and said I promise to me home in an hour...

He still thinks he didn't nothing wrong but I feel like I watch our child all day, all night without any breaks, and he decided to ditch us to go party and watch strippers 3 days before our 2nd child comes...

Am I righ or just way overreacting?

by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 11:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mamabeth4180
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 11:36 AM

i would be LIVID!!!!! And he is acting like it isn't a big deal, then why didn't he tell you there were gonna be strippers there when they called and said not to bring the kid??? Grrr, i would be pissed. lol.

JustCallMe_♥Bethy♥_. Get yours at bighugelabs.com/flickr

Sarahb21
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 11:36 AM

I'd be pissed that he knew there would be strippers and didn't tell you about it. Thats messed up.

lillitigator88
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 11:37 AM

i think you be correct my fair prego lady

kmbolds
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 11:40 AM

I think he should have been forthcoming and told you ahead of time that there were going to be strippers there BUT, I can understand why he may have wanted to go.  Maybe he was thinking that because you are having the baby soon he wanted to get out because he knows once the baby comes it will be awhile before he really gets to go out and enjoy himself. 

richgirljj
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 11:40 AM

That was very selfish.  I have a lot of other things I would like to say, but he is your husband.

If my husband ever did that - which he wouldn't, he's a total homebody - but if he ever did, he wouldn't be sleeping in my bed for a long long time.

mom22tumblebugs
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 11:41 AM

Well, you were wrong to say be "back in an hour" and expect him to "be back in an hour". But  you were right in thinking it wasn't appropriate for you as a family to go. But he was in the wrong to not leave when he found out there were strippers there, and to start drinking when he drove by himself there. That was irresponsible for a "family man".

The event is over and done with. I would have been dissapointment that he couldn't use his better judgement.

But who knows.. maybe this was also a "last hurrah" before you are a family of  4 and he can't do anything.

My2J.A.P.s

You are not wrong at all.  He absolutely knew it was wrong, which is why he lied to you!  He's not going to want to admit that he was wrong, but you need to explain to him how much that hurt you and you find it disrespectful.  Try not to stress too much and good luck with the new lil one!  I'm sorry, mama. 

lovemy2boyz08

He doesn't go out now, or before the baby. We are family people..this is why I dont understand why he pitched a fit to go. He never does anything like this...and after this trust me he wont do anything again!

Quoting kmbolds:

I think he should have been forthcoming and told you ahead of time that there were going to be strippers there BUT, I can understand why he may have wanted to go.  Maybe he was thinking that because you are having the baby soon he wanted to get out because he knows once the baby comes it will be awhile before he really gets to go out and enjoy himself. 

babymama322
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 11:43 AM

You definately have the right to be angry!

devil

reelo
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 11:43 AM

I would be furious if my husband lied to me about strippers (and I trust my hubby, if he would have told me it probably would have been fine) and ditched me to go to a party and drink when I gould seriously go into labor at any moment-- what would have happened if you needed to go to the hospital while he was out or God forbid, after he came home after drinking.   What an a$$.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)