Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

how do un upgrade my myspace

Posted by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 12:02 PM
  • 10 Replies

I downloaded the Myspace 2.0 on both mine and my daughter's page and I hate it. It only lets me display 8 top friends on my page and 1 on their page. I want to know how to un upgrade it someone told me the other day that they switched back to the old one and I want to know how they did that.

All moms are super heros so come check out this group. If you are already a member please take part in the photo contest we are having!!!!

http://www.cafemom.com/group/Superheromoms

by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 12:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MySpaceMomof3
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 12:03 PM

Go to customize profile. Then look up near the top right hand side of the screen and it should say.."go back" hit that and it should put everything back. If you have more qustions, PM me

LoveMy7
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 12:05 PM

I don't Know how you can but I do know you should be able to display any and all your friends with the 2.0.I just do it the same way I always did.

MySpaceMomof3
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 12:07 PM

This is true too, but you have to play around with it...you do everyhting like that from the "customize profile" option

Quoting LoveMy7:

I don't Know how you can but I do know you should be able to display any and all your friends with the 2.0.I just do it the same way I always did.

Skygirl1985
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 12:21 PM

it's just that the 2.0 is really annoying and now I found out that for the last month that I have had the 2.0 my profile was no longer set to private. I was so mad this means that my ex's mom could have and probably did look at my profile whenever she wanted to. This pisses me off because I banded her from having contact with my daughter because she's a lying monipulitive witch plus the crazy lady has been married 5 times. Also there is a long story that I won't get into but I'm so mad why would Myspace do that to people.

All moms are super heros so come check out this group. If you are already a member please take part in the photo contest we are having!!!!

MySpaceMomof3
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 12:32 PM

First off let me say that if your profile was private before, your PHOTOS will still be private with the 2.0. Althought the rest of your profile isnt unless you SET EACH INDIVIDUAL "MODULE" TO BE PRIVATE, which you CAN do. The 2,0 actually has MORE privacy featues which is part of the appeal for a lot of people. There is a blog on Toms page which explains how to do everything. I like that I can hide my last log in date. You can make it as private as you want, but you have to read about how to use the 2.0 first

Quoting Skygirl1985:

it's just that the 2.0 is really annoying and now I found out that for the last month that I have had the 2.0 my profile was no longer set to private. I was so mad this means that my ex's mom could have and probably did look at my profile whenever she wanted to. This pisses me off because I banded her from having contact with my daughter because she's a lying monipulitive witch plus the crazy lady has been married 5 times. Also there is a long story that I won't get into but I'm so mad why would Myspace do that to people.

Skygirl1985
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 12:40 PM

oh ok thanks I read the blog and fixed it up you have been a lot of help. You are right it is a lot better I was able to set the age and location to private on my daughter's page. Which is an amazing thing because my step daughter also has a bitchy mom that needs to stay out of my kitchen because she can't stand the heat. lol She gets pissy because I refer to her daughter as my girl which is just meant as a term of indeerment but she sees it as me trying to be her mom. O the drama that I have to listen to. God my life would make a great reality show. I just wish I was watching it and not living it sometimes. lol but those girls make it all  worth the drama.

Quoting MySpaceMomof3:

First off let me say that if your profile was private before, your PHOTOS will still be private with the 2.0. Althought the rest of your profile isnt unless you SET EACH INDIVIDUAL "MODULE" TO BE PRIVATE, which you CAN do. The 2,0 actually has MORE privacy featues which is part of the appeal for a lot of people. There is a blog on Toms page which explains how to do everything. I like that I can hide my last log in date. You can make it as private as you want, but you have to read about how to use the 2.0 first

Quoting Skygirl1985:

MySpaceMomof3
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 7:51 PM

No problem!! I hated the 2.0 at first because I didnt get it right away which made it suck to me, and I HATED that you couldnt find many layouts for it too. But once I figured it out and found a website that had lots of 2.0 layouts I loved it. And TRUST me I know all about the baby mama drama!! Lots of things on my page are there to piss her off (hee hee) anyway, if you have any more questions bout it let me know Id be glad to help:)...Heres a link to my page if you wanna add me:)  www.myspace.com/jelly_bean_burrito

Quoting Skygirl1985:

oh ok thanks I read the blog and fixed it up you have been a lot of help. You are right it is a lot better I was able to set the age and location to private on my daughter's page. Which is an amazing thing because my step daughter also has a bitchy mom that needs to stay out of my kitchen because she can't stand the heat. lol She gets pissy because I refer to her daughter as my girl which is just meant as a term of indeerment but she sees it as me trying to be her mom. O the drama that I have to listen to. God my life would make a great reality show. I just wish I was watching it and not living it sometimes. lol but those girls make it all  worth the drama.

Quoting MySpaceMomof3:

Quoting Skygirl1985:

Skygirl1985
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 8:11 PM

Ok I added you. Yeah but my boyfriend is still in that keeping the peace stage so he doesn't always care for when I do things like that. lol He will out grow that stage I hope because I know I went through it with my ex just as soon as she starts asking him for money for their kid or something stupid like that when he has her all the time.

Quoting MySpaceMomof3:

No problem!! I hated the 2.0 at first because I didnt get it right away which made it suck to me, and I HATED that you couldnt find many layouts for it too. But once I figured it out and found a website that had lots of 2.0 layouts I loved it. And TRUST me I know all about the baby mama drama!! Lots of things on my page are there to piss her off (hee hee) anyway, if you have any more questions bout it let me know Id be glad to help:)...Heres a link to my page if you wanna add me:)  www.myspace.com/jelly_bean_burrito

Quoting Skygirl1985:

Quoting MySpaceMomof3:

Quoting Skygirl1985:

MySpaceMomof3
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 9:41 PM

hahaha well I think my BF finally just gave up on the whole myspace drama thing LOL. Anyway, I wanted to also make sure to tell you (in case you didnt already know) that after you make ANY changes now to your profile, wether you do it from "edit profile" or "customize profile" that you must go back to the customizing screen and hit "publish" otherwise the changes will be visible only to you, but not to others, unless you publish it. I didnt realize that until I looked at my page from someone elses account..

Quoting Skygirl1985:

Ok I added you. Yeah but my boyfriend is still in that keeping the peace stage so he doesn't always care for when I do things like that. lol He will out grow that stage I hope because I know I went through it with my ex just as soon as she starts asking him for money for their kid or something stupid like that when he has her all the time.

Quoting MySpaceMomof3:

Quoting Skygirl1985:

Quoting MySpaceMomof3:

Quoting Skygirl1985:

Skygirl1985
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 9:53 PM

ok thanks I'll make sure I check on that. LOL it's not the Myspace that started the drama it was a text I sent as a FWD that said look at my amazing girls just pefect. She was pissed that I called her daughter my girl. Started a hev hoe about it to my boyfriend and he told me and I said she's being a stupid bitch we got into a little fight about it because he told her she was over reacting but that I am sorry she took it the wrong way. I said I'm sorry she over reacted. I don't care how she took it. LOL He just said well you know how she is you gotta put yourself in her shoes. I said no because if I was in her shoes I would never have let another woman take the lead in my daughter's life in the first place no matter how far away I am. I would be on the phone making sure my daughter got taken care of. I would make the drs appts and take her to them I wouldn't just request that I attend. No she lets me do that so yes I'm going to call Shy mine sometimes and she's going to just have to deal with it.

Quoting MySpaceMomof3:

hahaha well I think my BF finally just gave up on the whole myspace drama thing LOL. Anyway, I wanted to also make sure to tell you (in case you didnt already know) that after you make ANY changes now to your profile, wether you do it from "edit profile" or "customize profile" that you must go back to the customizing screen and hit "publish" otherwise the changes will be visible only to you, but not to others, unless you publish it. I didnt realize that until I looked at my page from someone elses account..

Quoting Skygirl1985:

Quoting MySpaceMomof3:

Quoting Skygirl1985:

Quoting MySpaceMomof3:

Quoting Skygirl1985:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)