Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What is your childs buddy?

Posted by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 1:44 PM
  • 30 Replies

So a reply to  my post earlier made me laugh.  A lady saw a pic and in the back ground was my DD's George.  He is her buddy.  She said her son has the same buddy! He goes to the bank, grocery store, pet store, grandmas, bed and even the doctors with us. George goes every where.  We even had to buy a second one for back up just in case.  I wash him at least 2x a week if not more! George is that important! So what are your kids buddy's, you know those toys that go every where?

by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 1:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Carolbrady100
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 1:49 PM

My oldest (17) still has her Marilyn doll, she sits on a shelf in her room.

My son (13) has a monkey named Bongo, that he still has (we had to buy two of them also for backup)

My youngest (11) has a fox named Foxy. He was left in Disneyland at the hotel and had to fly home by himself (the hotel mailed him back to us) We told her at the time, that Foxy wanted to stay in Disneyland for a couple extra days.

tomsmom07

my son doesn't have one never had a blankie, a pacifier, or anything. I am glad too. It's just one more thing you have to break them of. He has a puppy he sleeps with but he can sleep with another stuffed animal or even with out it. Her lil buddy is cute though.  I am not saying anything about those of you who's kids have them it's just not for us.

missamanda86
by Ruby Member on Dec. 15, 2008 at 1:49 PM

The pink bear and the care bear blankie is my DDs baby lol!

sweetbabylogan

you got him at kohl's huh?? i got one for logan for christmas with some of the books. i love the kitchen though- where did you get it?

so logan loves his pooh bear- but he only sleeps with him. he just got a little spongebob that he needs to sleep with him and pooh. he doesn't have anything that he HAS to have with him all the time though. i think if i suggested that pooh goes with us when we go out- he'd take him.

ajswenson
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 1:50 PM

My 3 yr old son also has a George, but he only sleeps with him.  his is an "older" version of George.  My step-mom was HUGE into monkeys of any kind, and gave him this one out of her collection.We are on the road for vacation in this picture.  We left in the middle of the night.

mommyof11050307
by Ruby Member on Dec. 15, 2008 at 1:51 PM

My daughter who is 20 monthes normally carries around her blankets she has 3 or 4 of them.

My son whos 3 and loves the elmo my hubby gave me when we were dating from build a bear and his 3 blankets.

ElijahsMommy58
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 1:55 PM

Does a blankie count? This is THE blankie. THE blankie that we only have ONE of because his great grandmother had it made for him. My mother bought the same yarn and he still will only take THE one blankie. It goes EVERYWHERE! Everywhere except daycare. If he knows its there, and he cant drag it around, then he just sits in front of his cubby & cries. So we no longer take it. But here is a pic of him with it. (He's 19 months btw)

And this is him crying when I had to wash it the other day. It was pretty bad. Like it HAD to be washed for fear of disease from the filth.lol

abbymomof1
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 1:56 PM

AJ's buddy is his bankie. He has had it since he was born. I only have a pic of him with it as a newborn. But this post reminds me that i have to take pics of them soon. He loves the corners of it. I even have to make him a new one cause this one is ripping.

this his bankie.

He also LOVES his froggy. It is litterally bigger than him. but he still drags it aroud. It is so cute he will have bankie in one hand and froogy in the other and just drag them around the house.:)

Here is his froggy

preview photopreview image

check out my  daughters myspace page. it is for people to get to know a little about her and what a beautiful baby girl she was before she went home to rest with God.    
 www.myspace.com/joslynnsky

CadencesMommy07
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 1:56 PM

We started out taking him in the car to keep her occupied.  Then when we get to where we are going she would cry if you took it away! Yeah Kohls and she got the books too. I like the Kohls idea it' cheap and goes for a nice thing.  She has a lot of animals and books from there haha.  The kitchen came from Walmart.  We got it on sell for like 79 bucks. She got it for her birthday.

Quoting sweetbabylogan:

you got him at kohl's huh?? i got one for logan for christmas with some of the books. i love the kitchen though- where did you get it?

so logan loves his pooh bear- but he only sleeps with him. he just got a little spongebob that he needs to sleep with him and pooh. he doesn't have anything that he HAS to have with him all the time though. i think if i suggested that pooh goes with us when we go out- he'd take him.

CadencesMommy07
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 1:57 PM

Aww cute!

Quoting ajswenson:

My 3 yr old son also has a George, but he only sleeps with him.  his is an "older" version of George.  My step-mom was HUGE into monkeys of any kind, and gave him this one out of her collection.We are on the road for vacation in this picture.  We left in the middle of the night.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)