Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you allow your kids to watch Cartoons?

Posted by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 1:46 PM
  • 30 Replies
I let my 18 month old watch Catoons in the morning, then he usually loses interest after a certain time and goes to play. He eats lunch at noonish and then he takes a nap and when he wakes up he'll watch a little bit. I'll admit that I'll watch them with him (One day Handy Manny and Kelly WILL get married! hahaha) but I don't let him watch them all day long. So who lets their kids watch Cartoons?

A Jan. baby!!! Parker (6-1-07)

by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 1:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Kendrewana
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 1:49 PM

My dd isnt really interested in tv and she is 2! lol. She will watch some cartoons, but not much. I wish she would watch a little more, that way I could get stuff done!! lol

missamanda86
by Ruby Member on Dec. 15, 2008 at 1:49 PM

I let my DD watch Little Einstines, Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, sometimes Handy Manny, and a few of the other Playhouse Disney cartoons....just depends on the day lol!

sweetblues
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 1:49 PM

I do! Not all day long but I do, more when I'm cleaning the house.

snowmommy0406
by Gold Member on Dec. 15, 2008 at 1:50 PM

A lot of times we have noggin on, but the majority of the time it is just background noise.

CRains5136
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 1:50 PM

Yes mine watch cartoons. They are into other things, so they dont just watch those. They like the Discovery channel, Speed channel, National Geographic, etc.

25beengoodtome
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 1:50 PM

I do ! I like some of them myself. I just keep reminding the kids, "This is a cartoon, just silly & funny."

shellbell75
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 1:51 PM

IIf it is on PBS ds can watch it.He's 20 months. 

vances_mom
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 1:51 PM

we do! DS is 19m/o and Playhouse Disney is on from the time we wake up (around 8:30) until around 11. he really doesn't watch more than a few minutes at a time before he loses interest and plays. i just don't like having the news or CSI re-runs on while he's up (which is what i would prefer to watch!). i've always been a TV watcher, so it's pretty much on whenever we're home. mostly just for background noise.

oh, and YES!!! they will get married!!! DH was alking about that this weekend :-) too funny!

montanagirl02
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 1:52 PM

my kids are 3 yrs and 1 yr and i let them watch cartoons. i know maybe i shouldn't but i would like to keep my sanity. its also 25 below zero today so yeah they can watch dora and wonder pets it won't kill them. in the summer we stay outside alot so not so much in the summer. and its not like they just sit in front of the tv they just like the background noise really.

Sherri77
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 1:52 PM

My little one loves playhouse disney!   We have to tivo mickey mouse clubhouse for him.  Sad but true.    He likes handy manny too but not as much as mickey.    He usually just watches it in the am while i am doing laundry and stuff.  Then its onto wrecking the house or running errands.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)