Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

need legal advice PIOG

Posted by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 1:57 PM
  • 4 Replies
ok i need help dealing with the morons who have been calling for a week for my husband trying to sell him something to get money off of him ( the name showing up is au online). up until now it was the same man over and over again so yesterday i told him that if they called again i would get them for harassment. well today it was a woman calling and i just told her that i told the guy yesterday that i was going to get them for harassment if they called again and i hung up on her. in va there is a harassment law that if you are being harassed whether on the phone or in life then you can press charges. so for those of you who are lawyers, cops, or married to one or have been through this before, what should i do??? hubby won't answer the phone when they call if he is home and he will not talk to them so i need help.

thanks in advance.
Photobucket
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 1:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
oboe_chik
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 1:58 PM

Who is your phone carrier? We had the same problem...called the cops and they called them (we got a message the next day where they left their number) and told them to stop calling. I would try that.

ajswenson
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 1:59 PM

If it's law in your state, then I would think all you have to do is call the cops.

Sweetpeasx3
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 2:10 PM

If hubby will not talk to them, next time they called- tell them you kicked him out for all the phone calls he has not be answering when they are for him, therefore he does not live here anymore. See if that works. If they ask for another number give them a fake

amy_l
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 2:21 PM
my phone carrier is time warner cable where we also get our cable and internet so we get it all on one bill. i told them that he will not talk to them so to quit calling but they still do so i may tell them wrong number if they call again.
Photobucket
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)