Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

CLEP Exams??? Anyone take them??? Plz bump

Posted by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 2:11 PM
  • 7 Replies

So I'm about to start school in Jan and I want to CLEP out of a lot of my basic classes sence I know the subjects ie, math and english.

So I was wondering how long did you study and did you use any of the work books to study?

Jenn

by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 2:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
jaedynmoon
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 2:13 PM

I CLEPed out of math and it was easy.  I didn't study at all but I am really good at math.  My friend did the biology one and she studied for a few months for that only because she was really busy with school and work.  Good luck!

ajswenson
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 2:13 PM

It was a long long time ago so I don't know if I just don't remember, but I wasn't given any books to study for them????  I ended up with 17 credits if I remember correctly.  I was pretty proud of myself I know that.

jaedynmoon
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 2:15 PM

You can purchase the study books from like amazon.com....that's where I got mine because they are cheap!

Quoting ajswenson:

It was a long long time ago so I don't know if I just don't remember, but I wasn't given any books to study for them???? I ended up with 17 credits if I remember correctly. I was pretty proud of myself I know that.

Momof2Stepof3
by Platinum Member on Dec. 15, 2008 at 2:15 PM

I found some CLEP study books we have all the basic subjects. My husband is CLEPing out on 5 subjects I don't think I'm strong enough to do all subjects and pass.

Jenn

Quoting ajswenson:

It was a long long time ago so I don't know if I just don't remember, but I wasn't given any books to study for them????  I ended up with 17 credits if I remember correctly.  I was pretty proud of myself I know that.

okiemom57
by on Feb. 17, 2009 at 7:41 PM

I recently tested out of Analyzing Lit (CLEP). The only prep I used for that was Petersons practice test. It's a difffcult test to study for because it's a heavy duty reading comprehension test. I also recently tested out of Here's to Your Health (DSST). For that I used standard deviants Intro to Nutrition and Instantcert.  I'm currently studying for the Human Growth and Development CLEP. For that I'm using Instantcert, REA test prep, REA Psychology Super Review 1 and 2 and Petersons Practice test. 

Mom264
by on Feb. 17, 2009 at 7:43 PM

Any library is able to get the study guides for you.  I say use them, just to be sure.  G/L!

Briklin
by on Feb. 17, 2009 at 7:43 PM

I didn't use any study guides .   I think that with those subjects if you need a major refresher and need to study then you should really take the class especially English because it will help you while writing papers.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)