Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Minnesota winter PIOG

Posted by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 2:14 PM
  • 41 Replies

I really think this is the 1st year in quite a few that we are going to get a REAL MN winter! I forgot how dang cold and icky it can be........ugh! I want summer back......my doors to my car were frozen shut this morning (in the garage) and it took forever to get in just to warm up my car. Then it took me an 1 1/2 to get to work (we had a ice/snow strom yeasterday/last night) and it normally only takes me 40 minutes TOPS and that includes dropping the girls off........yuk yuk yuk........I know some people LOVE this but it is just not for me!!!!

just thought I would share

by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 2:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
nancycsel
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 2:21 PM

I'm a MN girl too! I had no real problems getting to work but it was cold -6 degrees this morning, I think it's now -5. I looked like a big marshmallow all dressed up in my winter gear. I have to walk 3 blocks downtown to get to my work....BRRRRRRRR

luvbeingamommy3
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 2:24 PM

I live 25 miles from work and its not that the roads were too bad (some bad spots) but more everyone else on the road....lol

Cakelover_5
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 2:24 PM

I am in northern Iowa. I woke up to 4" of snow, -12 degrees and wind chills at -40 degrees.Welcome to oldman winter. We had blizzard conditions and bitter cold last night. I hear that it is going to be even worse tonight. Yuk!

luvbeingamommy3
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 2:37 PM

yep thats what we had last night and this morning as well.....Wednesday is supposed to be the warmest day this week.......at 7 degrees (last I heard anyways) and more really cold and snow coming all week

Quoting Cakelover_5:

I am in northern Iowa. I woke up to 4" of snow, -12 degrees and wind chills at -40 degrees.Welcome to oldman winter. We had blizzard conditions and bitter cold last night. I hear that it is going to be even worse tonight. Yuk!

catgrrrl
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 2:42 PM

I am in southern MN & dh could not get his or my sisters car running this morning.  Mine barely started but at least it finally did.  I WANT SUMMER BACK!

KimmyShaw
by Ruby Member on Dec. 15, 2008 at 2:44 PM

I live in Farmington MN and work in Minnetonka MN and it took me close to 3 hours to get to work today!!! GRRRR

TJones32
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 2:44 PM

I live in MN and have always hated it....Winter isn't for me!!  Will I ever leave....probably not I will just complain about it the rest of my life....lol!

From Tracee!

Tinyhourglass
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 2:46 PM

Im in MN too.  BOO HOO!!!   20 min from Rochester.  We didnt get the snow like up north but it is so cold.  It is always windy here so is usually colder than they say.  Even Red Wing isnt as windy as Zumbrota.  They say this is the 1st time in like 35 years that it has been so cold so early.  Im going to start the spring dance early this year!!!

RissaBusch
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 2:48 PM

Well, I'm not a MN girl but I am a MO girl and it's -15 degree wind chills here and is now 6 degrees.  YUCK!  I just moved back to the midwest from Va Beach where 40 was cold!  What the was I thinking?!

אני אהובי ואהובי שלי

northernmommy
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 2:49 PM

i'm up on the arrowhead and my van is snowed in lol. i don't even know if it will start cause its -25* with the windchill and my hubby doesn't want me to go anywhere anyway so i haven't tried. i just think its a friggin miracle that they canceled school for today.

babies

Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)