Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Crappy Gloomy Christmas

Posted by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 2:15 PM
  • 27 Replies

...Ok so with so many lay off's, cut off's, etc.... Who is having a humble, modest , or Tight budgeted Christmas this year? This can be a mini vent post for everyone, and hopefully we can help each other out with some nice positive words! So bring it on ladies.... What is making your Christmas crappy this year?

thseptbabyblinkie.gif September Baby image by KsJenthinkinpinka1.gif I think in pink image by MoMeg_2006Married.gif happily married image by dorothy5678Supportbfing.gif Support Breastfeeding image by unique_style4unewfree_C-Section_Mommy.gif c-sect image by andee16SUPERGRIL.gif Super girl image by cassycharlie    

latinflags.gif LATiN MAMi image by KINDRA1_photosvintagets0.jpg MEXICAN GIRL image by malta57  3179736265.jpg Super Mom image by TruePatriot1776  Not_Worth_The_Lip_Gloss_by_Tokiochi.jpg image by HRForrest       

by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 2:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Supervane
by Platinum Member on Dec. 15, 2008 at 2:21 PM

15 views and no one is having a crappy Christmas! GOOD FOR ALL OF YOU 15 PEOPLE!

thseptbabyblinkie.gif September Baby image by KsJenthinkinpinka1.gif I think in pink image by MoMeg_2006Married.gif happily married image by dorothy5678Supportbfing.gif Support Breastfeeding image by unique_style4unewfree_C-Section_Mommy.gif c-sect image by andee16SUPERGRIL.gif Super girl image by cassycharlie    

latinflags.gif LATiN MAMi image by KINDRA1_photosvintagets0.jpg MEXICAN GIRL image by malta57  3179736265.jpg Super Mom image by TruePatriot1776  Not_Worth_The_Lip_Gloss_by_Tokiochi.jpg image by HRForrest       

Supervane
by Platinum Member on Dec. 15, 2008 at 2:38 PM

blowing kissesbumping because people only reply to active posts!

Mellhanks
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 2:40 PM

My Christmas will be great my sister who I haven't seen in months is coming with her family my aunt may come my dad may come my hubbys dad may come.  Couldn't get much better. :O) 

Are you having a crappy Christmas?

little-blessing
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 2:42 PM

ALOT is making my Christmas crappy this year, first off money has been a little tight, and second we just lost someone special to us...my MIL passed away yesterday so everyone is down in the dumps.

Supervane
by Platinum Member on Dec. 15, 2008 at 2:44 PM

I think I can call mine a mild Christmas...LOL I'm glad your family will all be happy together. I havent spent any holiday with my momma for 2 years! I'm at war with my stepdad so thats why. I miss her I dont see her as often because of him...

Quoting Mellhanks:

My Christmas will be great my sister who I haven't seen in months is coming with her family my aunt may come my dad may come my hubbys dad may come.  Couldn't get much better. :O) 

Are you having a crappy Christmas?

hnwyman
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 2:44 PM

I don't think Christmas will be crappy for me this year.  It's my son's first Christmas, I was only able to spend $25 on his gifts, but I know he won't care (he'll play more with the wrapping paper anyway)!  I also get to see my family, and that's all that matters to me!

Supervane
by Platinum Member on Dec. 15, 2008 at 2:44 PM

I did see your previous post about her passing....

Quoting little-blessing:

ALOT is making my Christmas crappy this year, first off money has been a little tight, and second we just lost someone special to us...my MIL passed away yesterday so everyone is down in the dumps.

lovnmygirls0506
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 2:45 PM

We actually aren't having a bad Christmas because of lay offs or income.  We are cutting back because we don't feel that Christmas should be about the oodles and oodles of presents under the tree but the significance and heart that goes into them.  Plus IF we ever decide to have a 3rd child, we'll have to cut back anyway and our kids are still young enough Christmas isn't about all the expensive gifts but about the magic that Santa brings them presents, whether its 1 or 5. 

Want to be your own boss?  Never be laid off or fired again!  Through Dec. 26 get $25 off your kit through

Supervane
by Platinum Member on Dec. 15, 2008 at 2:45 PM

He is to cute! I think you are right about the paper!

Quoting hnwyman:

I don't think Christmas will be crappy for me this year.  It's my son's first Christmas, I was only able to spend $25 on his gifts, but I know he won't care (he'll play more with the wrapping paper anyway)!  I also get to see my family, and that's all that matters to me!

usaf_wifey07
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 2:48 PM

well i was going to go home and spend xmas with family, but now we cant fly because of healh issues with my little one. so now it is just us, and we are broke so we cant get them really any toys, i already pre ordered clothes and that, but i was going to get toys closer to xmas but we dont have the money. thank god for my family, they sent the boys so much stuff : )

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)