Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Raise her pay... ?

Posted by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 2:41 PM
  • 7 Replies

The lady who watches my children while I'm at work, watches them from her home. She has my two and one more baby boy. She use to be a pre-school teacher for the local private Christian school. She is wonderful with my children. Especially my 3 year old son. We are going to make her some gifts- but I was also wondering about this. I've seen some people say give a raise.. I mean I would like to do something for her. Maybe a bonus? But I can't just give her a raise that I can't afford. I thought about maybe after the holidays given her a New Years Bonus? I know it wouldn't be for Christmas, but  I can't afford to give her extra in the next couple of weeks. I pay her as if they were going to a daycare. She sets the price and I pay her whether they go or not. What would be a good bonus? Does anyone do this for their sitter? Please help!! lol

by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 2:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
pearee
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 2:43 PM

Um... hello!!!????!! LOL

kgsharber
by Gold Member on Dec. 15, 2008 at 2:46 PM

I run a home daycare & some of the arents have given me 1/2 a weeks pay as a bonus. One even gave me a $20 gift card. I loved it all & didn't expect it at all! And in no way am I holding them to a standard to do it next year either. I say go with your heart & she will appreciate it whenever you can gove it, probly even more after Christmas to help recover from all the gifts she hs to buy.

Kimberly

ladybugladybug

Proud Wife to Michael & Proud Mom to "Tank", Airen, & Chase

3earthangels
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 2:48 PM

I was told a good bonus is equal to 1 weeks pay for a child care worker.

Are you, a family member, or a friend going through the immigration process? Need information, want support, or just want to learn more about it? Join my group www.cafemom.com/group/theimmigrationprocess to share your story, find helpful information, and people who are going through just what you are.

pearee
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 3:17 PM

bump

satin69
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 3:17 PM

i mhad  a family once that gave me a bonus each year

peanutsmommy1
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 3:19 PM

I LOVE my son's daycare provider, but giving her an extra week's pay is more than my gift budget for my parents and sister for christmas!

We made her some homemade goodies and a nice homemade card.....

chopped headBecky

Sarcasm is just one of the services I offer!

kennedywife
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 3:23 PM

When I was a daycare teacher I loved when when I got home made things from the children. I haven't woked in that daycare for a couple of years now and I still have everything the children made me hanging up or on my tree.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)