Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How old........

Posted by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 2:42 PM
  • 6 Replies

Should kids start sleeping in twin beds with the sides on them of course? my son just turned 12months and one of my old friends son is 2yrs old and he sleeps in a "big boy bed". I'm about to give birth to my second and was wondering if by the time she's born my son will be sleeping in his own bed.....I'm 35weeks

by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 2:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
jaycee1124
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 2:44 PM

I recommend no more crib once they can climb out or need to get up to pee.

Toddler beds aren't necessary...so they can go straight to a regular bed out of the crib. We're keeping Roo in her toddler bed at least as long as we live in this house since her room is so small. When we move this summer she'll be 2 and if her new room is big enough we'll do the full sized bed.

Jillayna21
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 2:46 PM

My girls are still in their crib.  They are 14 months.  My brother was in a twin bed, really low to the ground by 14 months.  It all depends on what you want, and how well he will stay in the bed without the crib rails.  Mine have napped on a twin mattress just on the floor some.  That way if they rolled off it didn't hurt, and it was low enough they could get off.  I just made sure to close the door or put the gate up so they couldn't get out of their baby proofed room! 

You can always give it a try and see how it works!

boyx3
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 2:48 PM

I put my oldest in a twin bed with rails when he was 18 months. He adjusted well!

Mommy_to_CTN
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 2:48 PM

I keep mine in the crib as long as I can.  My oldest was about 25 months.  My second was only about 21 months - wanted to keep her in longer but she started climbing out so it wasn't safe.  I can't imagine putting a 13 month old in a bed.  They need to be old enough to understand that they have to stay in bed.  Otherwise they will keep getting up and bedtime will be a nightmare.

Breastfeeding, vaccinating, pro-life mommy to three little girls - Caitlin, Taylor, and Noelle

rachel_07
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 2:49 PM

i would say he is old enough. cause a toddler bed is the same concept so y not

Kays_Mama06
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 2:50 PM

My son's crib turns into the twin bed thing. It's still a crib and he just turned 2. It will stay a crib until he starts climbing out of it.. but if he's 3 and STILL lazy.. lol... then i'll change it around.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)