Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

i hate birth control

Posted by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 3:25 PM
  • 16 Replies

my body can not handle birth control. I started on the last day of my last period and I missed a couple days. a few days after I missed the pill I started bleeding. The bleeding has been going on for over a week now. It slowed down a little bit but it has not stopped. I have heard of girls spotting but not bleeding this long. I just had my period not that long ago. It has also had me super emotional and I am getting an occasional pain that feels like I am ovulating. I am paranoid about being pregnant although I dont really believe I am. I freaking hate birth control. anyone elses body respond like this from it? i just dont feel like myself the past week.

by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 3:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mammak
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 3:28 PM

It took me trying out a few different pills before I finally found one I like that works with my body. Just talk to your dr and see if they can help you find one that works for you. I don't know about the bleeding, mine is very light and last for three days.

Kellileanne
by Platinum Member on Dec. 15, 2008 at 3:29 PM

I know how you feel.  After dd (13 months) I tried micronor (high bp and endo so not many choices) but I bled constantly, then I went back to trusty old depo-provera and it didnt help with the bleeding or pain!!!!  It always worked before!!!!!!  Now I am going in for testing for polyps/fibroids tomorrow.  I'm hoping we both get better REALLY soon! 

mamaleah17
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 3:30 PM

Birth control has always been a pain in the ass for me. My experince is the same as yours. I had the shot after my dd was born and I bled for like 3 weeks out of the month.

MommyOnLI
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 3:30 PM

when you first start the pill, you should be very diligent in taking the pill same time everyday, until your body can get used to it.

your body is reacting to it this way.. hence "i missed a couple of days"

Quoting candicefield:

my body can not handle birth control. I started on the last day of my last period and I missed a couple days. a few days after I missed the pill I started bleeding. The bleeding has been going on for over a week now. It slowed down a little bit but it has not stopped. I have heard of girls spotting but not bleeding this long. I just had my period not that long ago. It has also had me super emotional and I am getting an occasional pain that feels like I am ovulating. I am paranoid about being pregnant although I dont really believe I am. I freaking hate birth control. anyone elses body respond like this from it? i just dont feel like myself the past week.

Pregnancy ticker

Are you Due August 2009, come join my group!

baby

Elective C Section, Formula Feeding, Disposable Diaper, CIO, Pro- Vaxing, Pro-Circ Mommy to one of the best little men out there!

candicefield
by Silver Member on Dec. 15, 2008 at 3:31 PM

yah the bleeding has me lost. it was to the point where tons of blood would come out when i went to the bathroom. I didnt really have any cramping with the bleeding either. I have heard of spotting from missing a pill or two but not bleeding this much.

Quoting mammak:

It took me trying out a few different pills before I finally found one I like that works with my body. Just talk to your dr and see if they can help you find one that works for you. I don't know about the bleeding, mine is very light and last for three days.

Patriotsgrl84
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 3:31 PM

I have the paraguard IUC.  It's a hormone free birth control and it works great!  I've had it for almost a year and I love it.  No side effects.  It's a simple proceedure the Dr. does at the office.  All it is, is a little copper T shaped thing they put inside your uterus.  Talk to your Dr. about it! 

tink62505
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 3:32 PM

well i have the mierna so i dont't know i have never took the pill i was always on the shot or the  ring

candicefield
by Silver Member on Dec. 15, 2008 at 3:33 PM

yah i know. im trying harder. i suck at remembering to take them

Quoting MommyOnLI:

when you first start the pill, you should be very diligent in taking the pill same time everyday, until your body can get used to it.

your body is reacting to it this way.. hence "i missed a couple of days"

Quoting candicefield:

candicefield
by Silver Member on Dec. 15, 2008 at 3:34 PM

i almost got one but my obgyn discouraged me from getting it because it can cause infertility from scar tissue

Quoting Patriotsgrl84:

I have the paraguard IUC.  It's a hormone free birth control and it works great!  I've had it for almost a year and I love it.  No side effects.  It's a simple proceedure the Dr. does at the office.  All it is, is a little copper T shaped thing they put inside your uterus.  Talk to your Dr. about it! 

shecallsmemom04
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 3:35 PM

you missed a couple of pills?  that's probably why you are bleeding.  the birth control might be RIGHT for your body, but it helps if you take them properly.

"there is no greater feeling the the world, than the feeling you get when you save an animals life....be a part of the solution and not the problem, spay and neuter, report animal abuse, adopt, and save a life."

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)