Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

AFP Test Results Question, I am confused......

Posted by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 3:32 PM
  • 3 Replies

SO I just got a call from the hospital and they said that my results looked good BUT she didn't tell me what the results were.  Just told me I can get an amnio if I wanted to be sure.  She did give me what my odds or chances of having a baby with Down Syndrome, Spina Bifida and tri 18 were.  How do I know if these results are good or not.  Anyone know what are good results and or where I can look this up?

Thanks I am SO confused!

Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 3:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
sethsmom25
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 3:34 PM

I'm really not sure, but if she said the results are good, then i wouldn't worry about it. 

taleyu1432
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 3:41 PM

I got that call from the hospital w/ my last 2 but said i should come in .I was in tears i didn't know what to think well it so happened that that test came back saying i carried such chromosone  and they suggested a amino.when i heard what the statistics were 1 in i don't know how many thousands i refused the test .thankfully kiddos came out healthy. My Sisters just received the same news  and she was also nervous mess but my sister told her my story twice and it somehow gave her some relief. WELL good luck to you.

madelynsmommy26
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 3:45 PM

I don't know what "looks good" means, but they should of said if it was all negative or if one came back positive. Thy shouldn't suggest an amino unless one came back positive or if you are over the age of 35, your recommended to have one because of advanced maternal age. I would call back and ask if they were negative or if one can back positive.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)