Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Shipping to military overseas in Iraq.......anybody got a quick answer

Posted by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 3:36 PM
  • 6 Replies

My mom just called and she wants to send a package to the solider I adopted for x-mas ( I shipped mine from USPS on the 4th... But he wants to know what the quikest way she could send him something is if she sends it today. I am guessing it is okay for her to send hm something also.. I told her t should be.....she is going to ship it today

by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 3:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
hillary_rose
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 3:37 PM

There's no quick way I don't think. The best is a flat rate shipping box that you can cram a bunch of stuff into! GL!!

maddiemom
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 3:38 PM
In my experience, the flat rate packages (priority) were received the quickest. Good luck!

stephtill
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 3:39 PM

Sorry, I don't know of any quick way to do it.  Everytime I send a package they just send it air freight and usually gets there in 7-14 days.  It being the holiday season, it may take longer.  

Anyway, here's a bump 

sherry132
by Ruby Member on Dec. 15, 2008 at 3:39 PM

There is no quick way. Once the box gets to Iraq it has to sit and wait to be picked up. They can only take so much at a time. I think ten days is the minimum. And this time of year he will be lucky to get it before the new year.

mamaleah17
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 3:42 PM

I think the deadline to send packages overseas (without extra shipping costs) was last Monday. I think now you will have to do faster shipping which costs extra.

3proud
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 3:42 PM

Thanks all ...  am going to tell her to go & send it out right now.. he will love getting a new years gift.....Thanks ladies

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)