Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

"I'm a b**** and proud of it" Why?

Posted by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 3:45 PM
  • 51 Replies

Why do some women like being called or considered a bitch? Since when is it 'cool' to be proud to be a bitch? My sister likes to say "all women are bitches." I disagree, When I think someone is a bitch, I think they're nasty, unnecessarily rude, and generally a bad person. Are there different definitions of the word? I particularly hate the phrase "classy bitch" seems like an oxymoron to me. I don't think being a bitch intentionally is classy at all.
We all have our 'slips' where we can definitely be mean, but I don't think I could call myself a bitch and be proud of it.

by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 3:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mum2Alex
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 3:46 PM

some women identify with the word 'bitch' as meaning strong minded, strong opinions and not afraid to go after what they want.

amymarie0315
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 3:47 PM

I think that's something women say when they have self-confidence issues and need to think of themselves and ruthless or "badass" people who don't care about what other people think about them (which, in reality, is far from the truth). That's my (educated in Psychology) guess.

madelynsmommy26
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 3:48 PM

I don't understand it either. I would personally get offended if someone called me that, or even said, "Your ACTING like a bitch". To me, it's the same thing. It doesn't make any sense to me.

kris1975
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 3:48 PM

Depends on your definition of Bitch.

stephtill
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 3:49 PM

I think it's the whole "taking back" a word. 

elena.1122
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 3:49 PM

popcornOHH GOD HERE WE GO.LOL

geminig3
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 3:50 PM

I have to agree.   It's not so important to me to be hardcore.  I'd rather be nice.  And I can be a strong woman with my own opinions and not be mean about it.

MaddiesMaMa418
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 3:50 PM

why?

Quoting elena.1122:

Callie-bishop
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 3:51 PM

I look at it this way, i have been called a bitch for not taking crap off of anybody, if that makes me a bitch so be it. but i am not mean and nasty unless I have to be.

ForeverMeme
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 3:51 PM

Yup, yup. Sits down next to Elena and waits............

Quoting elena.1122:

Meme

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)