Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Riding in the rain no wipers...

Posted by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 5:21 PM
  • 7 Replies

Any  one ever drove with only one wiper working? Its the driver side that is working.. think I'll be ok? I have to drive up the mountain and about an hour away...

???

by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 5:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Logan_Bellasmom
by Falling Starr on Dec. 15, 2008 at 5:23 PM

lol yea as long as the drivers one works we had to replace ours and couldnt afford both so we just replaces the drivers side and its fine.

Because i love my little girl  Because yes i am Bipolar

Because Trisomy 18 Has affected my life For my grandfather (lung cancer)

for my mother in law For my aunt

Pink and Blue because infants deserve to be remembered too

WHAT COLORS ARE IN YOUR LIFE?

Brooke208
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 5:24 PM

I'd get it fixed.  It's possible you could even get a ticket for that, but I'm not sure.  It's probably not the safest thing you could do though.

mamakas2
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 5:26 PM

Fix it! Is it as simple as replaceong the blade? They have those almost everywhere, Walmart, Target, Kmart...!

pearee
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 5:33 PM

Yea I know.. I really should. But I just don't want to hassell with it..

No I have to change the whole wiper. They worked fine until it snowed. Then they crossed each other and got stuck. It did that 3 times and the 3rd time I guess the wiper got stripped.. I dunno. But I have to get it all replaced. I'm sick tired and I just want to go home.. I really don't want to go to AutoZone... grr.

Think I should ? I mean its just one day...

Quoting mamakas2:

Fix it! Is it as simple as replaceong the blade? They have those almost everywhere, Walmart, Target, Kmart...!

mamakas2
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 5:42 PM

Well, I would, you never know what the weather is going to do en route, it could worsen and you want to be able to see clearly at all times. It's like driving with brakes that you suspect may possibly not stop the car, or carrying a baby in a car seat carrier that has a crack in the handle that you are pretty darn sure will hold until you make it up those 5 flights of cement stairs with no railings...well, you get the idea of how I feel!

Roomfor1more
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 5:42 PM

If you go to autozone, just tell them you need a wiper & what kind of vehicle.   Tell them you dont' know how to do it & they will go out & do it for you.

My driver side one broke on me when it was raining really hard, i had them all the way up on high & was in a huge hurry.     I was taking my son to the ER from the pedi's office when it broke.   I had to pull over & take the one off the passenger side & put it on the driver side.   It did not work right, but it helped & i was able to get to Autozone.    I just pulled up outside the door, & the counter was a right there & i told the guy i had a really sick kid in the car & need wipers, but had no idea what kind or size, so they looked it up, brought them out & put them on the truck for me & then took my money in & brought me my change.

I wouldn't chance it if i were you, if one is messed up, the other could also.

Quoting pearee:

Yea I know.. I really should. But I just don't want to hassell with it..

No I have to change the whole wiper. They worked fine until it snowed. Then they crossed each other and got stuck. It did that 3 times and the 3rd time I guess the wiper got stripped.. I dunno. But I have to get it all replaced. I'm sick tired and I just want to go home.. I really don't want to go to AutoZone... grr.

Think I should ? I mean its just one day...

Quoting mamakas2:

luv_my_xiya
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 5:45 PM

until you can get it fixed...buy some rainex and put it on all your windows...it will make it a lot easier to see, and the rain will just bead up its good with snow too...the snow wont stick to your windows

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)