Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Why do some people not get it?

Posted by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 5:38 PM
  • 11 Replies

Someone keeps texting me sayd "hey whats up scott" (I know no one named scott). I keep telling them they have the wrong number but its like they are convinced that im just messing with them. Like normally if you texted someone and they said you had the wrong number wouldn't you either say "oh sorry" or not even reply at all? I just don't get it.

by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 5:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jaedynmoon
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 5:39 PM

That's when you start messing with them in the hopes you scare them off lol

richgirljj
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 5:40 PM

You can block them. 

oboe_chik
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 5:41 PM

I know i wanna be like "oh you got me this is scott whats up?" but i only have so many texts and don't want to waste them.

Quoting jaedynmoon:

oboe_chik
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 5:41 PM

Yeah I know...im getting a new phone # next week so i really don' care that much lol. It just makes me wonder.

Quoting richgirljj:

You can block them. 

2boysMoma
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 5:42 PM

I had that happen with my boost nextel cell phone when I first got it.  At 4am this guy called looking for his babies Moma and was all like "where she at", I told him you have the wrong number sir  and he wouldn't take that as an answer, he then asked me what I was wearing and if I wanted to hook up!  Honestly, I told him my husband wouldn't like that and he could speak to him if he'd like so he hung up!  Then the next night his babies Moma called looking for him...grrrr

MyHotComments.comMyHotComments
I'm the candle lady! Check out my profile and see what i'm into!
jaedynmoon
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 5:43 PM

ooohhhh yah that's true you don't want it to cost you!  We had that happen and we got so sick of it that we actually called the number to let them know (since they did not listen to our text of saying it's the wrong number)that was when the finally stopped

Quoting oboe_chik:

I know i wanna be like "oh you got me this is scott whats up?" but i only have so many texts and don't want to waste them.

Quoting jaedynmoon:

MommyRivera
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 5:44 PM

I had a lady who kept calling me thinking I was the National Heart Association (with a residential number?) Apparently she made a mistake on a check she wrote to them and was trying to sort things out. It took me 4 times telling her that she had the wrong number before she stopped calling me and leaving voicemails. I feel your pain.

*Ashlee*
Wife to Hector 2-29-08
Mommy to Dallas 4-13-06 and Gabriel 1-15-08
pearee
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 5:46 PM

Call him..

and be like

So this isn't Scott.. unless your Scott sounds like a girl. Please stop texting my phone! ..then hang up!

oboe_chik
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 5:47 PM

I finally just texted him..."you got me this is scott...wanna be catcher this time...when we gettin together" that sure made him stop fast. LOL.

Quoting pearee:

Call him..

and be like

So this isn't Scott.. unless your Scott sounds like a girl. Please stop texting my phone! ..then hang up!

MaMomToTwo
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 5:47 PM

With my old cell phone number, I used to have people calling me from the freaking Bahamas, calling me asking about some pharmaceutical computer system. The kicker was when I got this jackass from Colorado calling me several times a week, telling me that I needed to answer his questions about the program, because this was the number that was listed in the booklet, and what other number was he supposed to call? I told him that I didn't freaking know, and to leave me alone. He kept calling back, telling me that I was rude, and unprofessional, etc. WTF? I don't have to be professional - it's a private cell phone number!

Anyway, he called back yet again, and started yelling at me, calling me a bitch, and all this other stuff - I told him to F off, and hung up. He called back, and I handed the phone to DH, who also told him to F off, and hung up. He had the balls to call back again, and my mom took the phone at that point, and told him that he needed to STFU and listen - and then told him that if he ever called again, he'd be answering a phone call from the cops, regarding the whole harassment issue. He called her a b!tch and hung up, but didn't call back after that. I still changed providers shortly after that.

-mamom (!) ...to.two. /wifetoo. 

bouncing mom

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)