Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

A few question for formula moms!

Posted by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 6:03 PM
  • 134 Replies
I just had a few questions for moms who chose to use formula. I am just curious and not trying to start anything, and I'm not judging, just curious. Why did you choose formula over BFing? Did you BF in the hospital? What do you think of women who BF? Thanks!!
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 6:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kgsharber
by Gold Member on Dec. 15, 2008 at 6:05 PM

To me bfing felt un-natrual. It felt like a child sucking on my tit. Wierd. Anyways, I had the choice & the money to formula feed so I did.

Kimberly

ladybugladybug

Proud Wife to Michael & Proud Mom to "Tank", Airen, & Chase

LarissaNFL
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 6:06 PM

I breastfed for 2 weeks, but it was really hard b/c I have "flat" nipples, so I had to apply that plastic thing to pop them out and such. Most of the time, they wouldn't work that well. Then I started supplementing with formula, saw how much happier he was, and switched completely. BTW, I don't usually have "flat" nipples, it was only when the baby needed to eat!! Weird...

perfectmom20

My nipples are inverted so my babies couldn't EVER latch on =[ I produced SOOO much milk but i did pump. After 3 months my milk suply was gone so I went to formula =]

Image4.jpg picture by issak2007

MikeysMom51108

I breastfed until my son was 8 weeks old. One day, he just started refusing breastmilk. I tried pumping, but he wouldn't take it that way either. I was told to not offer anything else, and he would eventually be hungry enough to give in. I let him go hungry for 12 hours before I gave in and fed him formula. He's been on formula since.

Yes, I breastfed in the hospital.

I think women who breastfeed are doing what they feel is right for themselves and their babies. I feel the same way about women who formula feed.

tes1proudmomma

I breastfed for the first few weeks of my DD's life, but then I had to go back to work...We didn't have "sanitary" places for me to keep pumping so I switched to formula...Didn't hurt her a bit either.

I don't care if a woman decides to breast feed that is her choice...

Lilypie Kids birthday TickerLilypie Kids birthday Ticker

brettleysmommy
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 6:07 PM

Why did you choose formula over BFing? I was 16 and scared of having "ugly Boobs" and no one ever told me anything about it really, I was really uninformed. I wish I would have now, since Ive been on here and learned alot about it.

Did you BF in the hospital? Nope, never tried

What do you think of women who BF? Im proud of them for doing it, especially young moms, just bc I was one, and I didnt do my research like I should have.

I'm a married, natural birthing, bottle-feeding, co-sleeping, non-spanking, non-vaccinating, front face seating,  disposable diapering child led parenting teen mom of one beautiful daughter.  I'm a pro-life, strong willed, debt-free, book loving,  believer in God. Try and Change me.

nanjo33
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 6:07 PM

I nursed my DD for 6 weeks.  I did not enjoy it.  Nursing was very stressful and I was not producing enough milk.  I was told to nurse my DD and then pump for 30-45 min to get my milk supply up.  Well, I was the only one home so how was I going to take care of my DD if I had to pump for 45 min every two hours?  I don't care if someone else's baby is nursed or battle fed, as long as the child is healthy that is all that matters.

MamaAlderman_2
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 6:08 PM

I don't have a problem answering it.

I bf my daughter for 18 months and was planning on doing the same with my son but I had to start supplementing at 7 months he was eating WAY more then I was making and when I started supplementing He didn't want to nurse anymore. (sniff sniff) I really miss nursing and I wish I could still be nursing

renee3218

I did breastfeed in the hospital. I planned on breastfeeding for awhile actually, but the day after I came home from the hospital, I got really sick. I was admitted to the hospital & didnt even know I was there for a whole week. They thought that I was going to die. Anyway long story short, I was in there for 2 weeks & when I was released the drs still had no idea what had happened to me. My milk was gone by then. It doesnt bother me whether someone BFs or FFs, as long as the baby is being fed.

falonandquinn

With my first i tried and tried and she would not latch on, second i tried again and even longer this time and i only got her to latch on once in like 3 weeks and it only lasted a few seconds, so i formula fed both and both are fine; they are 4 and 1 and have never been on a antibiotic, but i say what works for some doesnt  for others and to each his own

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)