Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

has anyone ever been through this???

Posted by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 6:58 PM
  • 3 Replies

My husband and I have been togather 12 years with 3 kids,and he told me sat.he didn't know if he wanted to stay togather.WE have not been fussing and he gave no reason,I thought we had a great relationship.He said he didn't mean it like that,he had alot on him.I can tell he is very depressed(he hates this time of year)but didn't know it was that bad.He is standoffish to everyone,not just me.He says he loves me,but just don't know what to do.I have never been through this and don't know where it may go.Have any of you dealt with something like that?What do you think.

I sometimes think I just want to go to sleep for along time til this is over,is this normal.I know I have to be strong for my kids,but it is so hard.It helps me to chat with people on here,gets my mind off things

by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 6:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
BrokenWings175
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 7:00 PM

I haven't really been in that position yet...I'm sorry, I wish I had some great advice to give you!  I mean, you could try talking to him, or taking marraige counseling...I don't really know though...I'm sorry

pregnantagain07
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 7:11 PM

i was with my kids father for almost 13 years. it was good until the 7th or 8th year he had went to jail and during his incarceration he had said he didnt know if he loved me or wanted to be together. i said after 8 years you dont know. he said he wanted to try living on his own paying his own bills be responsible on his own invite me over to his own place like in the begining all though he lived with his parents at that time.  he got out and it all went back to normal. we moved into a new home. but we had issues. he was also abusive at times with me. we had baby # 3 after that and i then learned he had cheated while i was pregnant. things never got any better for us. just lived through it all.  he started changing and i didnt know him. i got pregnant with #4 and started crying he said stop crying im not going to leave you. well he started selling drugs from our home and 5 months later we broke it off. i left him because he jepordized my family. i was pregnant and alone. he would never do counseling. later he told me he didnt want to be a father anymore he wanted to be in the streets. i think he started using but you seem to have a good relationship.... not exactly sure if that is correct or not but as you seem to think things are good..  i would first of all talk to him try and get him to open up and tell you exactly what is got him thinking like this. if it is depression maybe medicine would help  maybe counseling would help.  he owes it to you to explain where he is coming from. good luck and im here if you want to talk. god bless.

prego7386
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 7:17 PM

maybe he feels like he is stuck in a rutt. try to plan a vacation or "spice" things up in the bedroom or find a new hobby for the two of you. if he is getting "bored" with his life he might think that just changing everything will help and thats where leaving you for a while would come in. i mean ifnt arguing and he still loves you then its not you obviously...maybe mid life crises.. how about suggesting you two go to couples counseling together.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)