Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I have an awesome opportunity ~ what would you get? (edit in red)

Posted by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 7:13 PM
  • 33 Replies

I have the oppprtunity to be able to go to the grocery store with a large amount of money to stock up on things ($600) & this is just a bonus not our regular shopping money so if you had this opportunity what types of things would you buy alot of to stock up that wouldn't go bad?   I'm a little overwhelmed having that much of a bonus shopping trip so I'm having a hard time making the list of what all to get of stuff that won't spoil.   I do have a deep freeze too so I have the ability to get cold stuff that's ok to freeze. 

It MUST be food items only!!!

by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 7:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AmandaBBW
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 7:17 PM

well do you have a vacuum sealer??

and i would get meats...  lots and lots of meats,  canned goods, bulk items. not to mention pepsi!!

i would definately go to sams club and get stuff there.  you can get bags of chicken breasts, hamburger patties etc... 

and woo hoo for you having that much of a shopping bonus!!!

jillbailey26
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 7:17 PM

Toilet paper, paper towels, pet foods (cat litter if you have a cat), diapers of all sizes, canned foods and shampoos and soaps.

Also another idea would be to not stock up on anything at all.  Just save it for something you might need later down the line.  You never know when your car is going to break down.

~Jill~

Blondee512
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 7:18 PM

I would stock up on chicken breasts, boneless, and different cuts of beef. Those last in the freezer, when properly stored for a year or better.

Secondly, I would stock up on laundry detergents, cleaning solution paper goods  (toilet paper, paper towels, plates) shampoos, bar soap, dish soap, then I would do canned goods, pastas, etc.

tommysmommy05
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 7:20 PM

I would do my normal grocery shopping w/ my normal amount. Then with the left over money I would buy gift cards to use through out the year. Like when money is tight. Just an idea.

Good luck!

Jodi

2boysMoma
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 7:22 PM

Stock up on meats and frozen veggies

chicken nuggets and fish sticks

french fries and frozen meatballs

MyHotComments.comMyHotComments
I'm the candle lady! Check out my profile and see what i'm into!
sweetheart5703
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 7:24 PM

I kindve feel like your rubbing in the face that you have money to all of us, alot of people are unemployed, not myself, but alot our and struggling, maybe you want to keep how much money you have to yourself.

JAX_Mami
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 7:26 PM

well since i definitely don't need 600 worth of groceries for a family of 3 i'd spend what i needed the rest would go into savings...i mean you don't HAVE to spend it all. JMO

michelle6_10
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 7:26 PM

Can you buy gift cards with it?  That way you still have the money for groceries but don't have to buy all at once.

Jodie103
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 7:30 PM

Do you have to spend it all on groceries, I would buy my kids clothes and christmas presents, I would be happy to have any money for groceries since I lost my job 3 months ago and i ahve not been able to find another one if it was not for my parents we would not be having christmas and they have also been buying a lot of our groceries.

AmandaBBW
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 7:36 PM

wow.. thats just wrong.  shes got the extra money to spend on groceries.. i for one am happy for her!!!!  am i struggling.. YES.. am i bitter that she has the money and i dont.. NOPE. 

dont let her get ya down!!!! 

Quoting sweetheart5703:

I kindve feel like your rubbing in the face that you have money to all of us, alot of people are unemployed, not myself, but alot our and struggling, maybe you want to keep how much money you have to yourself.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)