Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My sister-in-law is having an affair...What to do??? Updated!!

Posted by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 7:28 PM
  • 31 Replies

For a while now something has been off with my SIL. She's not as talkative as she normally is. My brother and her are fighting all the time, she's going out a lot and so on. I knew there was a problem, I thought maybe she was seeing another man. But I pushed that aside. Thinking she had more integrite then that...

Well come to find out, yesterday right before my entire family walked in the door (inclusing SIL) my cousin informs me that SIL has been sleeping with another man for over a year. The other guy is also married. The last time the were together was a week ago.

My brother is under the impression that they were together once. It was a mistake she's so sorry, blah blah blah... My brother and SIL have 2 kids. I was told they are staying together for the kids. Even if you take away the affair this is not a healthy relationship at all. If 1 is mad at the other they will go week with out speaking to each other.

So what do I do? DO I tell my brother the truth as I know it, DO I keep my mouth shut? Do I have words with SIL.

I'm really upset about all this. I don't care what 2 adults do to each other but when you have kids and your bringing them in the middle of it. It pisses me off!

Why don't some people EVER think about the kids? AAAAAAHHHHH!!!!!!!!

Ok I'm done. Any advice would be great!

Jodi

UPDATE:

Well I told my brother last night. It was the hardest conversation I have ever had. I just wanted to die. He told me that he's known for about a month now and is doing his best to deal with it. He wantes to work things out for the sake of there 2 kids. But I think it's a lost cause. This entire situation is so sad.

by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 7:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
faerie75
by Ruby Member on Dec. 15, 2008 at 7:30 PM

if y'all know about it, im sure your brother knows too.

bad_santa_drunk.jpg

RaulitosMommy
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 7:30 PM

I would definitely not confront my SIL...I would tell my brother..

tattooI am a tattoed, pierced, non church going, public school sending, vaccinating, spanking, swear word using, bilingual teaching, don't skinny dip-I chunky dunk, single mom of a beautiful boy!

avegajenkins
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 7:31 PM

OMG!! I went through this too a few years ago - I didnt get involved- I just kept my distance either way it gets ugly so i figured, i keep away GOod luck!!

expecting girllistening to tunesbaby boypuppy

Lexi & Q         Jada (11yrs)   Jaylen (1yrs.)    Jazzy (3mos) PUG

thebestbrianne
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 7:33 PM

If it was my brother their would be some SIL ass kicking going on, no one messes with my family!

Join me at Non-Religious Mommies!

It's ok to be open-minded!

prego7386

try to talk to your brother about it. that way if he knows he can let you know without it getting out of hand but he needs to know.

TattedMommyof2

IMO, You should tell your brother.

Emily1985
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 7:34 PM

I think it depends on how close you and your brother are... Me, I would tell my brother we needed to talk and see just how much he knew, tell him what I had been told, and just be there for him.  I would try not to confront her first because if you do and it gets ugly, then your brother could get mad at you.

my2girls516

Since it is your brother who is being cheated on, I would talk to him and tell him what you heard.  Thats my personal feeling.

KittyD

Quoting RaulitosMommy:

I would definitely not confront my SIL...I would tell my brother..

KittyD ~ Stop By My Page & Sign my Guest Book!

alabamamommy
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 7:35 PM

IMO i think that you should stay out of it..its none of your business

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)