Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Gimmie your Christmas Dinner Desserts!

Posted by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 7:30 PM
  • 10 Replies

I am in charge of mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, and dessert this year for Christmas. I don't want to do the standard pie, I want some different, something with a bit of wow factor, ya know?

So does anyone have any amazing desserts that they would be willing to share?

by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 7:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
2boysMoma
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 7:32 PM

In my family Christmas isn't christmas without Banana cream pie!  I can get the receipe for you if you'd like it.  It's a fabulous REAL banana cream pie, no pudding or custard stuff...REAL DEAL!  Grandma's way.

Hehee....

MyHotComments.comMyHotComments
I'm the candle lady! Check out my profile and see what i'm into!
Dawn504
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 7:34 PM

smash cake is really good also 4 layer dessert.

joy-to-have
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 7:35 PM

I make cheesecake.The one on the philly cream cheese box.Sooo goood!!

Merry Chrismas to All !!!

RaulitosMommy
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 7:36 PM

We always gotta have banana cream pie and  flan at my house for christmas! Yum

tattooI am a tattoed, pierced, non church going, public school sending, vaccinating, spanking, swear word using, bilingual teaching, don't skinny dip-I chunky dunk, single mom of a beautiful boy!

MedicMommyAnne
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 7:37 PM
tommysmommy05
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 7:42 PM

I make a Chocolate Trifle. It is sooo easy, and it blows people away every time!

You need a triffel dish, or some kind of pretty serving bowl.

Make 1 chocolate cake and allow to cool

Make 2 big boxes of chocolate pudding

Get 1 large or 2 small things of cool whip.

You may also want walnuts. Up to you.

Then just layer cake,pudding,whip cream. Make as many layers as you wish but you should end with whip cream on top. You can all so add the walnuts in between any layer. I like nuts with mine. Gives it a little crunch.You can dress up the top layer of whip cream w/ maraschino cherries or sprinkle some nuts on it OR (what I like to do) drizzle chocolate syrup in a zig-zag pattern then run a knife lightly up the whip cream, the scoot over a little and run the knife down. Does this make sense? I hope so!

This is my favorite dessert to make

Jodi

yvonne25
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 7:51 PM

Sounds yummy, and easy. I want to try this. Do you have any pictures of it?

Quoting tommysmommy05:

I make a Chocolate Trifle. It is sooo easy, and it blows people away every time!

Then just layer cake,pudding,whip cream. Make as many layers as you wish but you should end with whip cream on top. You can all so add the walnuts in between any layer. I like nuts with mine. Gives it a little crunch.You can dress up the top layer of whip cream w/ maraschino cherries or sprinkle some nuts on it OR (what I like to do) drizzle chocolate syrup in a zig-zag pattern then run a knife lightly up the whip cream, the scoot over a little and run the knife down. Does this make sense? I hope so!

Jodi

RileysMom91106
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 7:58 PM

Oh thank you so much ladies, these sound awesome! Especially the trifle .... mmmm =)

shellbell75
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 8:01 PM

I make this but I add broken up brownie bites and heath bar crunch on every layer. i get asked to make it every holiday. If you are using the brownie bites its best to make it the night before to let the brownies soften up a bit. YUMMO. It's a nice light dessert after a heavy meal.

Quoting yvonne25:

Quoting tommysmommy05:

Jodi

RileysMom91106
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 8:21 PM

Oh my ... with 2 bite chocolate brownie pieces it would be amazing!!!
What's heath bar crunch??? I'm in Canada, never heard of it, lmao

Quoting shellbell75:

I make this but I add broken up brownie bites and heath bar crunch on every layer. i get asked to make it every holiday. If you are using the brownie bites its best to make it the night before to let the brownies soften up a bit. YUMMO. It's a nice light dessert after a heavy meal.

Quoting yvonne25:

Quoting tommysmommy05:

Jodi

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)