Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

desperate please help

Posted by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 7:34 PM
  • 26 Replies

she is 2yr old and was born a preemie at 2yrs she only weighs 20lbs she has been projectile vommitting and having massive Diareahea sorry if spelled wrong for a week and a half now but she doesn't act sick at all and doesn't have a temp so the dr says without acting sick and no temp there is no reason to see her she is now refusing to eat and drinks very little and her eyes have huge purple rings under them and she is sleeping more about 4hr long naps during the day I tried the brat diet not working what does she have and what should I do?????????? she has already lost enough weight that when I pick her up I can tell a big diffrence please help

by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 7:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
2boysMoma
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 7:36 PM

Take her to the ER now!  She could be dehydrated.

MyHotComments.comMyHotComments
I'm the candle lady! Check out my profile and see what i'm into!
fairymom2316

my kids had this stomach virus for  a week. my son had it the hardest, he almost looked gaunt. He was moping around, he also lost weight, i noticed by the way his diaper fits. It's going around. Just try to see if she wants to eat Jell-O, that's what worked with my kids. I hope she feels better soon!

Missing you everyday. See you in my dreams....come_home

joy-to-have

Are you kidding me,the doc wont let you bring her in?Take her to the ER.

Merry Chrismas to All !!!

SuznF72

I would say to definitely have her checked out!  Sounds like it could be an obstruction somewhere.

Emily1985
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 7:37 PM

Sounds like she may be dehydrated... I think I would be finding a new doctor because clearly if the child has had projectile vomiting and diarrhea for that long, there is a problem somewhere... Right now, I would take her to the ER because if she is dehydrated, she needs fluids pronto!  Then maybe once you get her in there, if they dont initally, you should suggest a gastrointerologist (sp?) in case there is something wrong with her digestive system... good luck, and keep posted!

Mezmer
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 7:37 PM

Regardless of what your doctor says, if you are worried about your childs health, take her in as soon as you can.  If your doctor sees her and says, "no temp she's not acting sick" don't just say "ok" and take her home.  That's when you call your doctor a douche bag and take her to another doctor to get ANOTHER opinion and some possible answers.  Hope your little one starts feeling better soon!

~*~Amanda~*~

fairymom2316
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 7:38 PM

Is she drinking anything at least? If not, than you should definitely take her to the ER. My daughter had this when she was one also but she didn't want to drink anything and became dehydrated, she stayed in the hospital for a few days.

Missing you everyday. See you in my dreams....come_home

iheartmyjs
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 7:39 PM

Maybe a food allergy?  Hope she feels better.  I would take her to the doc anyways.

I'm Loving this Baby Girl!

Amberwavessss

Take her to the ER and start looking for a new pediatritian.  They shouldn't be telling you nothing's wrong.  It could be an allergic reaction, in which case there wouldn't be a fever. 

one_white_rose

I don't mean to sound ignorant but what is an obstruction and where could one be that word worries me a little........well actually alot

Quoting SuznF72:

I would say to definitely have her checked out!  Sounds like it could be an obstruction somewhere.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)