Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ft. Lewis Mommas!!

Posted by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 7:51 PM
  • 19 Replies

hey i was just wondering, how do you like it there? how do you like the area, the schools, your housing? perferably on post housing is what i am asking about. anything else you would like to add??

thanks! :)

by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 7:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
steffie9000
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 8:22 PM

i dont live on Ft. lewis, but i know familys that do. The houses are nice they are just old. Alot of the houses are duplexs. The area is nice. small towns all around. Its a nice little base.

anikahaynes1
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 8:34 PM

what do you mean by just old? have they been updated? b/c yeah the housing at drum was old too but after they updated it, i LOVED our place and miss it soooo much!! do the houses on post have garages?? is there a lot to do out in town?? thank you! :)

Quoting steffie9000:

i dont live on Ft. lewis, but i know familys that do. The houses are nice they are just old. Alot of the houses are duplexs. The area is nice. small towns all around. Its a nice little base.

steffie9000
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 8:43 PM

The outside just looks old. the inside are updated. Some of the houses are brick and are old inside and out. They just have old heaters and sinks. No gargaes but they have covered parking for each house. There is lots to do off base. Shopping, parks, zoos, Mt, driving. I dont know what you like to do but you can find it near base or the other ares. All the things to do on base are closed to be fixed up so there is nothing to do on base.

anikahaynes1
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 11:28 PM

thanks for all the info! my husband and i are trying to figure out what to put on his list for his next duty station after these recruiting orders, and i want to stay close to home so i am trying to get a good idea of lewis. i really loved drum, up in ny but gah that is just too far from cali!! thank you again! :)

Quoting steffie9000:

The outside just looks old. the inside are updated. Some of the houses are brick and are old inside and out. They just have old heaters and sinks. No gargaes but they have covered parking for each house. There is lots to do off base. Shopping, parks, zoos, Mt, driving. I dont know what you like to do but you can find it near base or the other ares. All the things to do on base are closed to be fixed up so there is nothing to do on base.

kovah
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 11:30 PM

We wanted to go to Lewis SOOOOOOOO bad! But hubby got orders for June, for the same base we are already on. Yuck. We were disappointed, but oh well, maybe next time. Here is a bump for you.. I'd love to see the replies too! :D

Mommy to a little chili pepper since 9.14.06 & loving my panda bear since 12.3.04!!!
                                      Less than 3 weeks until I have my panda bear back home!!!

Expecting a R&R baby in June 2009! 

anikahaynes1
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 11:42 PM

ahhh!! that sux monkey balls!!! where are you guys??

Quoting kovah:

We wanted to go to Lewis SOOOOOOOO bad! But hubby got orders for June, for the same base we are already on. Yuck. We were disappointed, but oh well, maybe next time. Here is a bump for you.. I'd love to see the replies too! :D

danarae1976
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 11:46 PM

I am not an army wife but I live in the Olympia/Lacey area where a lot of army wives live.

It's a nice area.  There are a lot of things to do.  You are about two hours from Portland and less from Seattle. 

kovah
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 11:48 PM

Fort Hood, Texas. Been here since March 2007 and it's plenty long enough for us! lol

Quoting anikahaynes1:

Quoting kovah:

Mommy to a little chili pepper since 9.14.06 & loving my panda bear since 12.3.04!!!
                                      Less than 3 weeks until I have my panda bear back home!!!

Expecting a R&R baby in June 2009! 

anikahaynes1
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 11:49 PM

cool cool! thanks! :) ive never been further than south lake tahoe, reno nv area..soooo yeah lol but i appriciate the information! :)

Quoting danarae1976:

I am not an army wife but I live in the Olympia/Lacey area where a lot of army wives live.

It's a nice area.  There are a lot of things to do.  You are about two hours from Portland and less from Seattle. 

anikahaynes1
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 11:50 PM

lol!! hubby wants to put that down too! how do you like it there? are you living on post? so sorry that you got orders for there again, that seriously sux!! how much longer will you be there? huby wont be done recruiting until may 2011 but hey, there is still a posibility that we could bump into eachother.

Quoting kovah:

Fort Hood, Texas. Been here since March 2007 and it's plenty long enough for us! lol

Quoting anikahaynes1:

Quoting kovah:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)