Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Have you ever lost your filter?

Posted by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 8:08 PM
  • 18 Replies

I am talking about the one between your brain and your mouth.

I momentarily lost mine today while at the drug store. I was waiting in the check out line and the guy in front of me had a case of beer and a tall boy. He starts talking to the kid at the register like they know each other. The guy says that he comes in at least twice a week and buys his beer. He then said " Well I do buy other stuff too. I buy milk" He turns and looks at me and Wham! lost my filter. I asked "Yes but do you drink it?" He replied "I drink 2 glasses a day" I said " Yeah with a Beer back?" He looks at me and says " The beer is for my cat." I then say " Looks like you need to get your cat into a 12 step program." He kinda smiled and shrugged it off and left. The kid at the register says that he is a really nice guy and maybe we were a little hard on him. (The kid chimed in a little) I then replied " AH, he'll get over it after the first beer."

Now I was totally joking the whole time but I realized that I did not know this guy and maybe should have not said anything at all. However, I LOST MY FILTER!

Has this ever happened to you? Please share so I dont feel like a horrible person!!!!

by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 8:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mom2threeGirlys
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 8:13 PM

honestly not out loud like that lol.. whoops

~~~~~~LeeAnn~~~~~~

come and join a new group for moms

http://www.cafemom.com/group/uhohproblemchild

greenie63
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 8:15 PM

laughingyes i have, but it gets me into trouble because then i'm flirting!!

Brooke501
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 8:16 PM

Usually I am pretty good at keeping my mouth shut. Not so much this time.

Quoting mom2threeGirlys:

honestly not out loud like that lol.. whoops

Blondee512
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 8:16 PM

No....I've shut mine off a time or two though.

I had my daughter with me, shopping for Christmas a couple of years ago...she was three. I found hot pink cowgirl boots, and slipped them unnoticed into the buggy. We get to the cash out, and I told the clerk I didn't want my daughter to see them. She rings them up, and as I am handing her money, she says "Are you the lucky cow girl getting new boots?"

I asked her if she could possibly be more ignorant. I was serious.

thebestbrianne
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 8:17 PM

I wish I could think of specific occassions, but stuff like that comes out of me all the time.

Join me at Non-Religious Mommies!

It's ok to be open-minded!

thebestbrianne
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 8:18 PM

wow, what a dumbass!

Quoting Blondee512:

I had my daughter with me, shopping for Christmas a couple of years ago...she was three. I found hot pink cowgirl boots, and slipped them unnoticed into the buggy. We get to the cash out, and I told the clerk I didn't want my daughter to see them. She rings them up, and as I am handing her money, she says "Are you the lucky cow girl getting new boots?"

Join me at Non-Religious Mommies!

It's ok to be open-minded!

Blondee512
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 8:19 PM

I get mad just thinking about it!!!! lmao  Sad, but true.

Quoting thebestbrianne:

wow, what a dumbass!

Quoting Blondee512:

raegansmom
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 8:23 PM

I don't think I have a filter.  I pretty much say what I think.  Not to the point of being ignorant, but enough to get my point across.  I am VERY slarcastic & a lot of times things just fly out of my mouth without thinking.

athenax3
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 8:24 PM

yes, unfortunately I have done this on multiple occassions. I'm good to a point, but then suddenly wham, there it is, the truth laying right out there in the open! lol...

I was once with my sis and the kids at an icecream place, we were standing there waiting to order when this woman and her friend come in, walk totally past us as if we don't exist and proceed to order. I was mad, it was rude, I mean they didn't say are you ordering or do you mind or kiss my butt or anything they just breezed past us as if we didn't exist. So I say to my sis in a loud voice "Holy cow! Did you know we were invisible today?!" my sis says "Dianna, please don't, they can hear you" and I say again loudly, "No way can they hear me, they couldn't even see the SIX of us standing here, so how could they possibly hear me?" My poor sister was so upset. The women looked over, took their ice cream and went to have a seat but one left her cell on the counter, I picked it up and handed it to her and told her "Can you see me now?" lol....

nemiller
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 8:25 PM

yes.  the whole time i was pregnant.  and i do it from time to time even now.  but oh well... i never say anything i don't mean.  just sometimes it doesn't NEED to be said, lol.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)