Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Have your kids ever did this?

Posted by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 8:34 PM
  • 9 Replies

Has any of your kids ever woke up on Christmas morning and started opening gifts, without waking you up? I was thinking about this, because I'm scared that my daughter would do this. Just wondering if anyone else's kids have ever done this. I plan on putting up the baby gate, but my daughter can climb right over it, and my son can too, if she helps him. So I don't know, I probably sound stupid, but I was curious. I might even make them sleep in my room just in case, but I'm not sure yet.

by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 8:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
MrsCanning
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 8:35 PM

I always tell my kids that they need to wake me up first or they dont get to keep their presents, so they ALWAYS wake me up first!

Lanie_momofone
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 8:35 PM

I think if maybe you talk to her, and let her know that christmas morning, when she wakes up ..that she needs to come and get you before opening any gifts ..everything should be fine. Every child gets excited..and wants there mommy there to see open the gifts up with them.

mommysquared
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 8:36 PM

lol thats cute! my kids have never but they are only three and a half and 21months...but there always is a first for everything!!! lol!!!

tsa_momma
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 8:38 PM

Quoting MrsCanning:

I always tell my kids that they need to wake me up first or they dont get to keep their presents, so they ALWAYS wake me up first!

gramabear
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 8:44 PM

mine woke us up at 12:05 we told them to go back to bed for a couple of hours so at 2:05am they woke us up with coffee in hand. we couldn't resist so we got up open gifts then everyone took a nap.they were about 7 or 8 at the time.it became a tridition.

Katenemsmom
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 8:45 PM

We did that one year!  My stepmom later told me they got about 30 minutes sleep that night! 

Quoting gramabear:

mine woke us up at 12:05 we told them to go back to bed for a couple of hours so at 2:05am they woke us up with coffee in hand. we couldn't resist so we got up open gifts then everyone took a nap.they were about 7 or 8 at the time.it became a tridition.

KRISSH
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 8:53 PM

I GIVE MY A BATH IN BEDTME BATH THE NGHT BEFORE. PUT ON EXTRA BED TIME LOTION..MABIE SOME THING HELP EM SLEEP...

I USLEY GET UP BEFORE THEM.

WEN ME AND MY SIS WER LIKE 12-16 MY MOM HAD TO MAKE US GET OUT OF BED ON CHRSTMAS DAY...

WE CAN,T HELP WE LIKE TO SLEEP...LOL...

MINE ALLWAS GET GIFT ON CE,HOT COCO ON CHRSTMAS MOR WTH SOME EXTRA STUFF N IT.

MERRY CHRSTMAS ..CAFEMOMIES..wreath

mommyanoz
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 8:55 PM

I used to scatter jingle bells on the floor and hang some on the door so if they opened it before I was up Id hear them. Worked like a charm!!

khurley8686
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 9:10 PM

I hope so. I'm just worried that they'll be too excited to wake me up, and start opening gifts. lol I worry about the dumbest things!

Quoting Lanie_momofone:

I think if maybe you talk to her, and let her know that christmas morning, when she wakes up ..that she needs to come and get you before opening any gifts ..everything should be fine. Every child gets excited..and wants there mommy there to see open the gifts up with them.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)