Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

can anyone help me please!!! ASAP

Posted by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 8:38 PM
  • 10 Replies

Im 15 weeks pregnant and am on day 2 of a headache from hell!!
Its in my left temple and it hurts to move, and do anything!!

I havent taken anything because I dont want to take any drugs during pregnany.

Does anyone know what I can do to help?

pregnancy calendar
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 8:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
petersgal
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 8:40 PM

ALWAYS check with your doctor before taking anything.  BUT if he says its ok, I took an herbal supplement called feverfew that REALLY helped my headaches.  I get migraines really bad and keep that stuff on hand

Like I said though... make sure you check with your doctor first!

mtupman

Did you try Tylenol? A cold washcloth? If all fails call your O.B. see what he/she says you can take or call you in.

krista778

Ice pack will ease it. You probably don't want to drink caffiene but it helps headaches. Other than that with out drugs your limited. Hope you feel better soon!

hottiemom3
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 8:42 PM

I would always get them.Putting hot/cold washcloths on your head will help.I had huge migraines so I took Tylenol.

pregnantagain07

i would say take some tylenol. its ok to take it. i had abscessed tooth and they gave me tylenol. try having someone start and the very bottom of your kneck and rub and massage all over your neck and head. i had a migrane when i was pregnant also and doing that helped relieve the pressure.  if it gets to bad go to the er there is something they can do. i was actually throwing up from the pain and they gave me some fluid and something to take it away through iv. i felt so much better after i went. good luck and god bless.

reelo

Tylenol is safe during pregnancy and you can try taking it with something with a bit of caffeine if the tylenol isn't enough on its own.  Cold packs are good as well.  Definately call your doctor though and try and have you BP taken because headaches during pregnancy can be an indicator of a specific and serious complication-- or it could just be a headache.

ADENSMUM
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 8:44 PM

Try to lay on your left side when resting/sleeping at any time possible. It increases blood flow and oxygenation to you and the baby.

Good luck,

Heather

ReachtotheStars
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 8:48 PM

I don't know if this works but my MIL told me when I get a headache to drink lots of water.  Most of the time headaches are caused by dehydration. 

I have never tried it because I hate water, and have always just taken Tylenol.  My OB told me to have a little caffeine.  Not much one soda or coffee a day. 

debmaine
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 8:48 PM

I understand what you are feeling, I suffered a migrain for 2 weeks straight, no break in-between. I didnt think I could take anything, but I gave up and went to the doctors and he gave me a shot, gosh I cant remember what it was called, but it was a pain med, but something that was ok to take when you are pregnant, The headaches were caused by the chemical change in our body. The doctor said, for me never to do that again, no one should suffer that kind of pain. Talk to your doctor. Don't suffer from the pain, it will only get worse.

Good luck

Debbie

jitterbuug48
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 8:51 PM

my OB told me to fill the sink with cold water and dunk the top of my head in for about 30 seconds at a time. the cold stops the blood vessels from contracting.

- Cat

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)