Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

HAHA I hurt her feelings... JUST A VENT

Posted by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 8:59 PM
  • 5 Replies

Okay, so yes my title sounds selfish and childish, but I don't care.

I watch my sisters kids at least every other weekend from friday night to Monday morning... if not more often... So she can have some "me time". She's a stay at home mom, so I figure she needs the break. I work 5 days a week and my mom babysits my son for me and then on the weekends I have her children ((2 of them)). I asked my sister last week if she could watch my son tmw while her dd's at school, so I can go shopping with my mom. I'm a single mom, I can't just leave him with his father. She said that would not be a problem. So tonight I called to confirm it with her and all of a sudden she can't do it. Well tmw is my only day I can go, because I work every other day this week. And I'm babysitting her kids this weekend. So I said whatever and hung up. So she called back an hour later, making excuses for why she can't watch him ((she has only watched him for 3 hours EVER)), so I told her, "Oh well I gotta ask Jayson (my son) if he minds me keeping your kids this weekend. Opps I forgot to ask him.  (one of her favorite excuses is she has to ask her husband, and then she "forgets"). Then she was like, I can watch him Friday for you. And you can go shopping after work. so I told her I had already gotten ahold of my sister in law to watch him on Friday overnight, so I can set up for his birthday party  which is saturday and get some last minute errands out of the way. So now she's all "hurt and offended" because she HATES my SIL with a passion. And IDC, because my SIL is a great Aunt, she's great with my son and she has NEVER backed out on me at the last minute.

My sister is also all pissed off because a few days ago we were talking about if we died who would take our kids. She told me she'd want me to have her kids because they love me and she knows I would take good care of them and I told her I'd want my SIL and brother to take my son because they are the most finnacially stable and agree most with my parenting views. So she's offended because I don't want her to raise my son if god forbid I should die. I don't agree with her parenting views AT ALL. She spanks her kids, they always have head lice, they eat sandwhiches for dinner 5 nights a week... on a regular basis( There's nothing wrong with sandwhiches once in a while, but I cook a hot meal everynight, because I feel that is best for my son. Not bologna and PB EVERYNIGHT). She always "needs a break".  I want someone who actually wants to be a parent to raise my kids... Not someone that goes behind my back and gives my 11 month old son Coffee... yes she did that 2 weeks ago.. she gave him coffee after I have told her repeatedly do not give him coffee, or pop or anything to drink besides juicey juice or milk.I can't help it that I want my son to be healthy and not have digestive problems and not be a spoiled brat. I give him 100 percent juice and apple's for a snack. Or watermelon or even cheerios... I don't think candy and coffee is a good snack for an 11 month old... Hell I don't think that's an  appropriate snack for anyone... but that's me. I have health concerns for my son, since he's been a sickly child since the day he was born... I do everything in my power to make sure he doesn't even get a cold because the last time he got a cold he was admitted to the hospital for 3 days. I deffinantly don't want her messing up his digestive tract.

Ughhh... So that's my vent..

by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 8:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
FeleciaD
by on Dec. 16, 2008 at 6:51 AM

Who in their right mind gives an 11 month old coffee??!!! I wouldnt give an 11 year old coffee... That's just crazy. 

NICOLE_PREGGO
by on Dec. 16, 2008 at 6:53 AM

you are totally right i cant stand ppl who want you to do things for them ..but oh no when it somes to you asking a favor....its always some excuse...i

I AM A TATTOOED MOMMYtattooMOTHER OF A WONDERFUL SONbaby boyBOTTLEFEEDINGfeeding babyDONT STOP TIL I DROP KINDA MOMtreadmill

miss_t25
by on Dec. 16, 2008 at 6:55 AM

Agreed...LOL...

ttcbackpackboy on a swingbaby boy

EclecticBroad
by on Dec. 16, 2008 at 6:57 AM

My kids LOVE coffee.  We drink decaf.  We like it with milk and a little sugar...got a pot brewing right now.  It's not like they drink it all day everday.  It's a treat a couple of mornings a week before they go to school.  This morning because it's so friggin' cold. 

Forgot to add...lol  Yeah, she's got some issues.  Most people have a hard time getting a break, so she should be more grateful.  It's always dicey when one takes advantage of another which is what she is doing with you.

FeleciaD
by on Dec. 16, 2008 at 6:59 AM

Yeah decaf is a little different I guess... I hadn't thought about that, but I don't drink decaf, I like the caffeine too much haha.

Quoting EclecticBroad:

My kids LOVE coffee.  We drink decaf.  We like it with milk and a little sugar...got a pot brewing right now.  It's not like they drink it all day everday.  It's a treat a couple of mornings a week before they go to school.  This morning because it's so friggin' cold. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)