Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stupid Crock Pot ?, Please Help

Posted by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 9:39 PM
  • 6 Replies

IF I cook a 3 lb pot roast in the crock pot with veggies on low..how many hours does it need to cook for?  Thanks for your help

I am a motherless mother, who has a 3 year old princess and a two year old devil, who has been touched by suicide and breast cancer, who got married at 19 and is still married to the same man 11 years later, who is a Certified Texas Teacher but stays at home now, who has Anklosing Spondylitis which is an autoimmune disease, who is a non-church going Christian, that knows it is important to live in the now, because tomorrow is not guaranteed. Oh, and for some reason I collect giraffes!

by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 9:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
sunflowergirl76
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 9:40 PM

I'm thinking about 4 hours minimum to cook a roast that size on low.

02nana07
by Silver Member on Dec. 15, 2008 at 9:46 PM

I WOULD START IT ON HIGH UNTIL IT GETS HOT THEN TURN IT DOWN IF YOU HAVE TO BECAUSE IT WILL TAKE A LONG TIME MOST OF THE DAY TO GET DONE ON LOW

ForeverMeme
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 9:48 PM

I am guessing 12 hours on low! Yes, start it on high !!!!!

Meme

KellyChristal

If I started it at 7 am....and let it cook allday on low, would it be done by 5 or 6 pm?

Quoting 02nana07:

I WOULD START IT ON HIGH UNTIL IT GETS HOT THEN TURN IT DOWN IF YOU HAVE TO BECAUSE IT WILL TAKE A LONG TIME MOST OF THE DAY TO GET DONE ON LOW

I am a motherless mother, who has a 3 year old princess and a two year old devil, who has been touched by suicide and breast cancer, who got married at 19 and is still married to the same man 11 years later, who is a Certified Texas Teacher but stays at home now, who has Anklosing Spondylitis which is an autoimmune disease, who is a non-church going Christian, that knows it is important to live in the now, because tomorrow is not guaranteed. Oh, and for some reason I collect giraffes!

emilysmom81007

i got something like that at walmart. it said that you should cook it for 4 hours on high or 8 hours  on low

ForeverMeme
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 9:50 PM

The thing is, it would take a very long time, probably 4 hours to even reach a cooking time....

Meme

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)