Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

10 years later and I can't deal with it

Posted by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 9:47 PM
  • 3 Replies

I had a boyfriend who I loved with everything in me. I still think about him often. Things always come up that make me think of him. Or maybe I unconscienciously (sp) find them, I don't know. Anyways tomorrow would have been his birthday. He would be 32. He died 10 years ago this April from cancer. I have never been able to bring myself to go to his grave. And now on Wednesday we are seeing his nephew at our clinic. His nephew that he was never able to meet. I don't know how I am going to get through this. I was cut off from his family when he died, his mom didn't like me much. I haven't seen them since his funeral. I don't know how I am going to handle it. I don't want to talk to my husband about it cuz I don't want to hurt his feelings by thinking I think of Tony often. And my family and friends says to get over it and they don't understand. It was a hard thing to deal with. I'm not sure I have ever really delt with it all the way. But I needed to let it out and tell someone. And I guess it is you ladies.

by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 9:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
katiegirl
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 9:49 PM
I'm sorry, I think it's okay to think of him every now and then, he was an important part of your life.
KittyD
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 9:50 PM

im sorry and good luck!

KittyD ~ Stop By My Page & Sign my Guest Book!

Kellileanne
by Platinum Member on Dec. 15, 2008 at 9:56 PM

I just want to say I'm sorry and hope you do ok with seeing his nephew!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)