Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Im So Terrified...In Tears...

Posted by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 10:03 PM
  • 13 Replies

So my beautiful little baby girl (Leah) will be 7 months old on the 29th, she is my world, my everything, my heart outside of my chest. At her last dr apt they sent me to get her skull x-rayed becasue her head isnt growing, and they thought she might have Craniosynostosis,(which is fusing of the skull bones early) so they took the xrays and sent them to a specailist, he called me and said he wanted to see me in his office on thursday, and would talk any more about it. If she doea have this she'll need surgery and then waer a specail helmet for years so i did some reserch and its down right frightening, im soooo scared for my little Leah... I should have never looked it up online on you tube, it was horrible and now all i think about is what if she has to go through his...

by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 10:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AllforColin
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 10:04 PM

im sorry

harvgal04
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 10:05 PM

im sorry. I hope everything is okay!

EthansMomma129
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 10:06 PM

I know it sounds horrible, but the alternative is much worse. My fiancee's uncle who he has never met had the soft spot close up as a baby when it wasnt supposed to and he has been a vegatable his entire life. They didnt have any of the medical technology back then so be thankful that if it is the case, it is something that they can correct now and that they caught it before it was too late.

I'll keep you in my thoughts.

alicia3.jpg picture by caitlyn02

Girl talk, jokes, games, cleaning and workout buddies...the next best friends! Come join!

momcat437
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 10:06 PM

Don't panic just yet!  Wait till your doctor appointment, and take it from there.  Say a prayer (whether you believe in it or not) and put it in God's hands.  No matter what the outcome, He will be there for you!  I pray things go okay for you!  God bless!!

Sarah993
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 10:07 PM

I'm so sorry.  I hope that it isn't as bad as what you saw in your research.  Its heartbreaking to watch your baby go through any pain.

NicoleLiam
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 10:07 PM

I am soooooo sorry, I hope everything is okay!

The mother of one baby boy, named Liam

Kellileanne
by Platinum Member on Dec. 15, 2008 at 10:07 PM

I'm soo sorry you are going through this!  I really hope it comes back that she is just a slow grower (like I was). 

nataliesmommy
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 10:09 PM

Quoting NicoleLiam:

I am soooooo sorry, I hope everything is okay!

jenny53669
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 10:09 PM

i hope everything turns out ok. i dont think docs can talk to you over the phone....due to the HYPPA. they rather you be there in person....so i hope that gives you a lil reassurance. keep us updated

angela_nicole
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 10:10 PM

im sorry...i hope everything turns out ok/

Angie~~wife to Greg~~mom to Dylan (5 y/o) and Faith (3 y/o).

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)