Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

OMG - I can't believe what I just caught the neighbor boy doing! - Updated

Posted by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 10:07 PM
  • 84 Replies

So in the apartment building next to ours there's a family with 2 boys probably around 9-11. Now, I've caught them being really nasty to another boy that lives in the apartment right next to ours, saying some HORRIBLE stuff. Well, I heard this high pitch yelping, so I peek out the window. These boys are beating their dog (and yes, it's their pet) with plastic bats! WTH IS WRONG WITH THESE KIDS!!! The whole family treats this dog like crap. Temperatures here have been below zero at night, and yet when they let the dog out at night, they don't let him back in for 2-3 hours at a time! The dog is terrified of them, everytime we come home from somewhere - if he's outside he'll follow us to our house and try and get inside. (I wish I could let him in, but we didn't pay the pet deposit so we can't have ANY animals inside.) We already let the landlords know about them leaving their dog outside at all times of the night for hours at a time. (The dog will bark and cry constantly.)

I think I'm going to call animal control or the police though. WTH is wrong with these people! UGH

UPDATE

I just called the police - they have one animal control officer and he's not on duty right now. But they said that I wasn't the only one who caught the boys doing this and called, they said they were sending someone over there right now. They took my information and asked me if I was willing to sign a "formal complaint", which I said yes too. They said if they need me to sign it they will call me.

Update #2

I signed a formal complaint today, I guess I'm not the first person to complain about how these people treat their dog, because animal control stopped by today and took the dog away. However, the boys guessed it was me that called and when I got home from shopping today, they were throwing snowballs at my daughter (who is 3) and I. I asked them where their mom was, and they said she wasn't home. So I went to their apartment door and knocked on it - and they were telling the truth. She wasn't home. I told them if they continued to throw snowballs at my child that I would pummel them into the snow - I'm not nice if you hurt my kid. They stopped. Then 20 minutes later they tried to force themselves into my apartment. Fortunately, I have a chain lock at the top of the door and I was actually able to SEE them doing this. Not only that, but my neighbor heard the loud banging noise being made each time they slammed the door shut and tried to force it open, and he opened his door and asked them what the hell they were doing - at which point they ran off. I've had enough, I called my landlord and told her what happened. She said that due to the situation with their dog, and this, she will be kicking them out by the end of the week. And now I have my husbands rifle loaded and sitting next to me. Stupid freaking punks. Besides these people, the rest of the people living here are REALLY nice!

by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 10:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Sarah993
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 10:09 PM

I would definately call Animal control or the police or both of them.  That is awful.  Some people really shouldn't have pets.

tcmeeler
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 10:09 PM

I would definetly call Animal Patrol.   Are you in a big city? What state?

I am a God loving, pit bull loving, pro-breastfeeding, pro-life, pro-hetero, vaccinating, WAHM, christian, going to church everytime the doors are open, non-smoking, non-drinking, non-swearing, homeschooling, coca-cola loving (though rationed), french fry loving, mother of 2, stepmom of 1, missing 1 heavenly baby, TTC #4, MOMMY.
Proudmommy312
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 10:10 PM

OMG! That is so sad, it breaks my heart! I don't know what to tell you to do though.

melamommy24
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 10:11 PM

small town in Wyoming

Quoting tcmeeler:

I would definetly call Animal Patrol.   Are you in a big city? What state?

magenta2325

I would report it to Animal control. A pet does not deserve to be beat. I think a dog is ok in the elements they have fur as long as they have a house or covered area. Call Animal control next time its out late at night that way they can come get it and see how it is being treated.

XOXLilysMomXOX

ya i would call someone because thats animal neglect and they can be find if there is any harm to it and thats just wrong of them the nerve of some people

NewMom304
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 10:12 PM

You should definitely call some kind of animal protection organization, hopefully having that dog taken away from that awful situation.

a_l_daigle

Call animal control, if something happens to that dog you would feel worse than you do now...keep us posted

TheMillerFamily

If I were you I would just take the dog to the shelter, it would be better cared for there. poor doggie

Starrdust325
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 10:13 PM

Call the police and they will contact animal control if it's an emergancy.

Starr 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)