Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Need recipe help!

Posted by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 10:48 PM
  • 7 Replies

I am in charge of the green salad for Christmas Eve dinner with my husbands family. I dont want to take just a plain old green salad but I dont want to go over the top either. Any ideas on how to jazz up a green salad?

Any ideas on salad dressings?

I need to make enough for 25 people.

by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 10:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
isra1986
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 10:50 PM

My mommom puts white raisens in hers. It is very good! With a vidalia onion dressing.

soupermom905
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 10:52 PM

I love black beans in mine.  Not very festive though.

My sister puts dried cranberries, walnuts or pecans and feta.  She puts this strawberry dressing on it-SOOOO good!

"If God did not want you to eat animals, He wouldn't have made them out of meat!"

Brooke501
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 11:04 PM

bump

lalalove
by on Dec. 16, 2008 at 1:22 AM

i saw on some episode of take home chef that he made a salad and added pomegranate seeds, so we tried it and it was the best! we added it to a garden/spinach salad with mandarin oranges and stuff.. i think onions too i forgot lol. we used olive oil and vinegar for dressing

aubreysmom1095
by on Dec. 16, 2008 at 1:25 AM

how about seven layer salad??  ever hear of it or have it before??  it is amazing and i can give u the recipe gladly, i love to take it in place of a regular salad!!

JAX_Mami
by on Dec. 16, 2008 at 1:27 AM

i was going to suggest the same...yummy

Quoting aubreysmom1095:

how about seven layer salad??  ever hear of it or have it before??  it is amazing and i can give u the recipe gladly, i love to take it in place of a regular salad!!

AbbyTomsmom
by on Dec. 16, 2008 at 1:29 AM

Avacado, sunflower seeds (shelled) cucumber, green onion, cesear dressing. it is sooooo good.

JOIN MY NEW GROUP SHIFTWORK.  FOR  SHIFTWORKERS AND WIFES OF SHIFTWORKERS

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)