Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Need a change, How do I decide what to do next?

Posted by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 10:52 PM
  • 3 Replies

I got a promotion at work and though it would be great, but I hate it. My hours have changed and I only see DS for an hour a day. He's acting out because of it and I miss being with my family as much as I was. We are expecting our 2nd child in April and am realizing with the hours that I won't ever get to see the baby either. So, I'm thinking about quitting and changing jobs/fields, but I have no idea what else I would like to do. I know nursing would be flexible and great pay, but that means not working for a year while I'm in school and we can't do that financially.

I don't know what to do.

Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 10:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Lvlyshawn
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 10:56 PM

What are your true priorities. We always say family and children first but our actions show our job and career are first. Your children are only young once. I would honestly say as long as you can maintain a decent lifestyle find a job that will allow you to spend time watching and participating in their childhood. Good Luck!!

MikeysMom51108
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 10:59 PM

If you're into nursing, you could try being a CNA until you have the time to go back to school. Schooling to become a CNA typically only takes a couple of weeks. I think mine was 3 weeks long. And, often times nursing homes are desperate for CNAs so they offer to pay for your classes, and you'll get paid to go to class if you do it that way.

Being a CNA really is the "dirty work" but it's a step in the right direction if nursing is your goal.

Texasgal99
by Bronze Member on Dec. 15, 2008 at 11:50 PM

I'm not sure if I would like nursing, I just know I would have a job. There is such a shortage in the town I live in. Both of my SIL are CNA's and from what they tell me, I don't think I could handle what they do, especially at a nursing home. If I were to get into nursing, I would work toward my Rn and work in the NICU or nursery.

Quoting MikeysMom51108:

If you're into nursing, you could try being a CNA until you have the time to go back to school. Schooling to become a CNA typically only takes a couple of weeks. I think mine was 3 weeks long. And, often times nursing homes are desperate for CNAs so they offer to pay for your classes, and you'll get paid to go to class if you do it that way.

Being a CNA really is the "dirty work" but it's a step in the right direction if nursing is your goal.

Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)