Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

really important please help!UPDATED!!!

Posted by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 11:08 PM
  • 21 Replies

alright a little background

i have a 20mth old and since he was born he has always loved his bath. He crys when i don't let him in the bath! well starting a couple of weeks ago he has started crying and screaming really when i give him a bath and he just screams it burns it burns! i dont know what happened my grandma gives him baths and he has never had a problem but we left him over a weekend at hubbys parents and thats when it started! now i don't want to blame them for anything but i cried tonight because he is sooo afraid and he screams money(mommy lol) and daddy and it burns and i dont know whats wrong and no the waters not hot! is this normal or does it sound fishy to u too! im really afraid something happened to my baby while i wasn't there and someones not telling me!

UPDATE:

Alright ladies so today i decided to take matters into my own hands! i am crying now but with excitement! today we grabbed a few bath toys(water appropriate) i took them to the bathroom and he cried as i shut the door! i threw the toys in the tub and he said oh no my truck and ball ball! i said if u want them you need to take a bath! lets get them and he held his arms up for me to put him in the tub! and we played in the bath for 30min i tell you! i don't know what happened but im sooo happy that he can now take a bath and not scream it burns thanks ladies for your support and help i appreciate everything!

Im a vaccinating, disposible diaper, spanking, cio, loving my baby. Mamma don't like it, WHO CARES!

by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 11:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Lvlyshawn
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 11:10 PM

Something probaably did happen. I would tell the same story to his parents and see what they say. May be it will help him get over it if you get in the tub first then invite him in. It might even let you know what happen eventually.

gramabear
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 11:10 PM

i would talk to your dr. about this maybe something medical.

RmeWifey01
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 11:11 PM

Is there bubble bath in it or any kind of chemicals?

Brooke501

I know he is young but can he tell you if it hurts all over or in one particular area? Maybe the soap was irritating at your in-laws. Could he has a skin irritation from something else? I would take him to his doc just to check him out. It does sound a little fishy to me but I would try and rule out all other possibilities before bringing it up to the in-laws.

MrsBLB

Good luck momma

amylou_2007
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 11:12 PM

wish i could help but the only thing that i can think of is maybe something happend i would call ur dr and ask them about it and see what they think.

bump

expecting baby  teddygirl.gif I love my baby girl image by mistress_800

our little angel Alexandria Kay but we call her Ali 

nataliesmommy
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 11:12 PM

bump

RmeWifey01
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 11:13 PM

Has he had any diarrea lately? My dd did similar behavior recently around Thanksgiving and I freaked and took her to the doc.. He said she was fine and just had a virus and her skin was sensitive so she hurt and itched and ended up w/a SEVERE ear infection w/in a day or so. She was on amoxicillan and now is fine.

Beautifulnewmom
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 11:14 PM

no nothing just plain old bath water and i have tried to get in the bath i even took a shower with him and he screamed and i had to hold him the entire time and he just held onto me like somone was trying to take him away and he didn't want to go! i think i am going to have to call his ped because i am soooo afraid that there is something wrong and i can't do anything to help him!

Im a vaccinating, disposible diaper, spanking, cio, loving my baby. Mamma don't like it, WHO CARES!

21noahsmama21
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 11:14 PM

I would just come out and ask them if something happened to him in the bath tub, if he got burned by hot water.  Be nice about it, and just mention that he's not enjoying his baths.  But I agree w/ you, something isn't right, and it sounds to me like he may have gotten burned by hot water on accident.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)