Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Oh the ways children grow and learn

Posted by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 11:14 PM
  • 4 Replies

So my 22 month old daughter found out today that she can in fact can get out of her crib. She has contemplated it before but today put her cautions aside and went for it. So now we took down the side of her crib and put up one of those mesh things for co-sleeping so your baby doesn't fall out of your bed. I figured if she fell from 2 feet as apposed to 4 she is less likely to get hurt. So now we have already had a fun time of telling her to get back in bed 100 times and she thinks shes cool to be able to get out of her bed. When did your kids figure out how to get free??

by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 11:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
MissiHampt
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 11:17 PM

My crazy son had to go to a toddler bed at 11 months because he would climb the inside and then fall out on purpose.  He thought it was funny.

Missi

lrj42685
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 11:19 PM

one of my brothers used to do that just throw himself over the side oh god it was bad he would cry every time... i havent known a kid since except for what i see on here i wouldnt be a bit surprised though if my little girl does it when she gets older she seems to be alot like her daddy and uncle (daredevil to the core)

annas_momma
by 1 Crazy Momma ♥ on Dec. 15, 2008 at 11:21 PM

at about 10 months.  i woke up to her crying one night, went to her crib to see she wasn't there...that she was on the floor looking up at me.  i lowered the mattress down as far as it would go, left the side rail up as high as it would go, and it only took her another month to find out how to climb out.    after that we started co-sleeping.  at 12months she was in her own toddler bed.

weenerh
by on Dec. 16, 2008 at 12:09 AM

My son was 2 when we put him in his toddler bed.  He would always get out too and thought it was great fun.  We used to take away his teddy bear whenever he did this or turn his night light off and it didn't last long unless he was in the mood to battle.  lol. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)