Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Emotional Abuse

Posted by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 11:19 PM
  • 34 Replies

Poll

Question: Have you ever been emotionally abused?

Options:

Yes

No

other (please explain)

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 124

View Results

Have you ever been emotionally abused?  And did you think for some reason or another that you deserved it?

by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 11:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
shebearncub
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 11:20 PM

At first I didn't understand it and was Very hurt...after a while he Convinced me I brought it on myself and I truly deserved it.......Took me years to get over it.

okrasin
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 11:21 PM

Definitely did not deserve it. It was just his way of trying to control me.

anetrnlov

I was emotionally abused in my last serious relationship before dating my now husband.

I don't ever actually remember thinking that I deserved it....

MissiHampt

My mother did it throughout my entire childhood.  And I didn't think I deserved it, I just thought that was a normal way to treat people.  It's taken me years to see the truth.

Missi

rona503
by Silver Member on Dec. 15, 2008 at 11:23 PM

same here

Quoting MissiHampt:

My mother did it throughout my entire childhood.  And I didn't think I deserved it, I just thought that was a normal way to treat people.  It's taken me years to see the truth.

meagainstthem
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 11:23 PM

For those that wonder if maybe they have, here is a list my daughter received from her lawyer about emotional abuse.

EMOTIONAL ABUSE:Putting her down.  Attempting to make her feel bad about herself.  Calling her names.  Attempting to make her think she's crazy.  Playing mind games.  Attempting to humiliate her.

rhondapayne
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 11:24 PM

do you ever, truly  get over it?

i have been with my current husband 7 years and he has had to deal with all of the issues i had because of receiving emotional abuse from my ex-husband and sometimes things still creep up. 

i don't know if i will EVER be "over it".    but i do the best i can.

Rhondasanta blue

TalaziaMae
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 11:24 PM

No. No one ever deserves it, not as a child, a lover, or anything.. it can really damage a person.. look at me now and all the issues I got, lol.. Any kind of abuse Im done in a relationship, be it with a guy, or family.. abuse is wrong in any aspect.

cireland
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 11:25 PM

Thank you for sharing this info.

Quoting meagainstthem:

For those that wonder if maybe they have, here is a list my daughter received from her lawyer about emotional abuse.

EMOTIONAL ABUSE:Putting her down.  Attempting to make her feel bad about herself.  Calling her names.  Attempting to make her think she's crazy.  Playing mind games.  Attempting to humiliate her.

babygurl827
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 11:25 PM

Im a very emotional kind of person and sometimes i think about things too much. Its even worse now that im pregnant lol. Ive been emotionally abused and alot of times i think its my fault. I always think, maybe if i wasnt so emotional it wouldnt bother me so much...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)