Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

toddler found outside this morning in eastern North Dakota

Posted by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 11:21 PM
  • 24 Replies

Child was found outside crying in -15 with the windchill it was -38. Mom was arrested for child neglect and abuse. The 2 year old boy was only dressed in a t-shirt, shorts and boots. Taken to hospital. Boy is fine just very cold. Not sure how long he was actually outside.

This is so sad. my mom caught the story and I think she said the mom was to hungover to know what was going on. When I watched the on-line feed they didn't say that but who knows. Poor boy. and the lady that called just called the police. I would have ran over grabbed the boy took him in my house wrapped him in a blanket and put him in front of the heater than called the cops saying I have a boy that was outside. I wouldn't have left him out there.

by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 11:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
evie.m.momma
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 11:23 PM

oh my gosh

that poor poor boy..

he was probably so scared and cold..

i wish i could have helped him...  : (

adamjackie
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 11:25 PM

That poor little guy. What are some people thinking? They shouldnt be allowed children

AmberMcGhee
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 11:25 PM

OMG that is so sad that a parent can do something like that. I agree with you I would have got him in my house then called the police too. She had better get in alot of trouble.

wesleysmom08
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 11:26 PM

That poor little boy...

metalmomma25
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 11:27 PM

It was in the morning right?

It is sad, but it happens all the time. My daughter never did it, but many kids figure out how to get out of th ehouse un-announced. Even with high up locks, even with door knob covers.

CCCs
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 11:27 PM
yeah i would have gotten him in the house too. i would feel just as responsible had i not done anything.
thinkpinky
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 11:28 PM

I would have brought him inside first!!

theboyswon
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 11:29 PM

WTF is wrong w/people?  She is lucky that little boy didn't die.  I would have taken that boy inside warmed him up while calling the cops and not letting that lady near that child. 

CCCs
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 11:29 PM
my sister in law had to put a chain lock high up on the door because her two yearold was able to open the locked front door. they live on a busy street and in a bad neighbor hood. it is amazing what kids can do these days.
Quoting metalmomma25:

It was in the morning right?

It is sad, but it happens all the time. My daughter never did it, but many kids figure out how to get out of th ehouse un-announced. Even with high up locks, even with door knob covers.

heavens1stlight
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 11:30 PM

Not that it was in the winter, it was actually in the summer, my son had a horrible obsession with being outside, I went to the bathroom and the was in the livingroom watching tv in his underwear, in the time I went #1 and came back out, he was outside in the yard in his underwear, he did think to grab his pants which he had thrown over his shoulder, I went out and got him and brought him inside, and about 5 minutes later the cops showed up and asked me about it, I ended up having to put locks on the tops of all the doors and nails in all the windows because he was obsessed with being outside, he kicked the screens out of the windows and all sorts of horrible things just to get out......but I could not imagine being to drunk or hungover that my child was outside in below freezing weather!!! I was mortified that he had gotten out of the house in his undies in 85 degree weather and was in OUR yard!!!!!

Poor baby!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)