Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

does you hips pop??

Posted by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 11:23 PM
  • 9 Replies

My hips pop a lot..  I'm only 24, I have chronic pain syndrome of the lower extremity, or fibromyalgia.. one in the same basically.. But my hips pop everytime I move them around, say I spread my legs, they pop, if I"m sitting too long and stand they pop.. it's annoying, I've mentioned it to my Dr's but they pretty much disregard it.  My back also pops all the time, if I stand up and stretch and lean back, I feel popping going from my tailbone to the middle of my back. 

Weird?

Does this happen to anyone else - I feel so broken..  

simple frown

lesssecureABVHicon.png less secure ABVH icon image by DecrainkhopesavedABVHicon.png hope saved ABVH icon image by DecrainkbeginfeelgrumpyABVHicon.png begin feel grumpy ABVH icon image by Decraink

by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 11:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
falin
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 11:25 PM

Mine pop they never hurt or anything it feels good sometimes just haven't really thought much about it.

josmama
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 11:26 PM

I think every joint on my body pops and I'm only 22. my doc said I might have the fibro-whatever in my shoulder but were still looking into it. Hope you find out soon. Like me it may just be something you have to live with. I have for a couple years now.

austinsmomma10
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 11:26 PM

I have it. It can be rather painful. It a tendon that gets 'plucked' think about a guitar string. Its called snapping hip syndrom

LIVING TO DIE, OR DYING TO LIVE?

MissiHampt
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 11:29 PM

Mine do it all the time, and if I move the wrong way they can get this sudden sharp pain and I can't move.  Sometimes I'll be walking along and the right one won't hold me up all of a sudden. 

Missi

HeatherMae55
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 11:30 PM

thanks, I'll do some more research on that and talk to my new rheumatologist about it - who knows, maybe he'll figure out I have something else.. lol!

Quoting austinsmomma10:

I have it. It can be rather painful. It a tendon that gets 'plucked' think about a guitar string. Its called snapping hip syndrom

Interracialrelationships.jpg interracial image by mimilynn0630

danielsmommy24
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 11:32 PM

my hips pop alot too!! if i spread my legs out or something like that they pop, its always bugged me too, i have no idea what it is though....

pirate_wife
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 11:34 PM

yep. i am 22 and i have this prob!

wheresthewayout
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 11:36 PM

I'm 39 and my hips and every other joint has been popping since my early 20's. I have artheritis and recent exrays have shown that my hips are ERODING!!...They pop they hurt and I get so mad at the fact that women in their 60's don't even feel as decrepid as I do! OH! and my walk is getting "funky" because of my bad hips and knees.

I try to add humor in my day when I see a "scooter store" commercial, I tell my hubby soon i will get one of those!!..My 4 yr old will say " yep me too! you get one and I get to get one"

catinseaside
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 11:40 PM

I have this thing called "snapping hips syndrome". My hips pop out of place. Like literally out of the socket. I can do it on purpose, or it just happens when I walk. It is very common in blond hair blue eyed girls. Is that what you have? Weird though huh? Anyways, I was always to tall and lanky and I would just fall because my hips would pop out. I had to do physical therapy for it. It is alot better now that I am older (26) but if they start bothering me, I just go to the gym and ride the bike for a while, and that seems to help!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)