Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

? for all of those who know/have used a professional organizer

Posted by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 11:57 PM
  • 3 Replies

My mil and my mom are both hoarders.  My mom's problem is kept under semi-control by my dad.  My mil is out of control, they are literally not sleeping in their bed anymore because it is piled with boxes of stuff (they are using the bed my sil used to sleep on in another room). 

I have always just assumed that a professional organizer is way too expensive, but I actually have no idea what they charge. We live in New Mexico, but I assume that the price would kind of be the same in any state.  What would they charge to spend an hour helping to organize my mom's craft area?  What have your experiences been with one? and What did they do and how much did it cost? (if you don't mind me asking) 

Thanks!!!!

by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 11:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Jen38320
by on Dec. 16, 2008 at 6:54 AM

HI.

I am not a prof. organizer, but I concidered the idea for a while.  Mom and everyone else says I'm great at it.  Prices will range depending on your area.

In such a situation where they've accumulated so much that they can't sleep in their own bed, I would think that alot more needs done than the craft room.

There are great books out there to help them pair things down own their own... or you could dedicate a day to help get them started.

The main things to think about as you look at each item are...

1.do I love it?

2. do I use it regularly?

If the answer to both these questions is no, then ask yourself if it's too expensive to replace if you ever did need it... If so, find a place out of the way to store it.  (otherwise donate or sell it)

You really only want things around that you love or use... all others are just taking up space and adding stress to a persons life!

Feel free to PM me if I can help at all.

Jen

jacobsmommy0828
by on Dec. 16, 2008 at 10:56 AM

bump

jacobsmommy0828
by on Dec. 16, 2008 at 8:17 PM

Bump!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)