Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Do what is best for your child, and don't let anyone tell you that you should stop BF at 2....

by on Dec. 16, 2008 at 10:26 PM
Replies (11-20):
oimel00
by on Dec. 16, 2008 at 10:47 PM

I personally don't care how long you bf your baby, you do what's best for you.

mommybug77
by on Dec. 16, 2008 at 10:49 PM

Quoting MyahsMom:

I know I'm not going to be well liked for this but I agree that I find breastfeeding a two year old and older to be odd.

My DD will be 2 next week. Just because she is going on 2 does not mean she is still not a little girl. She loves to nurse & still nurses on demand.

MyahsMom
by Heather on Dec. 16, 2008 at 10:49 PM

I saw this video a while back! It's totally disturbing.

Quoting priceisright07:

jiffypop2207
by Bronze Member on Dec. 16, 2008 at 10:49 PM

Quoting MyahsMom:

I know I'm not going to be well liked for this but I agree that I find breastfeeding a two year old and older to be odd.

its probaly odd to you because its not the norm in this country. My DH is from rural mexico and most of the women there breastfeed until their kids are 3-4yrs, they do it in public and dont worry about being discreet, and nobody says anything about it because thats the way things are, not many people can afford formula so bottle feeding is the rare sight

mommybug77
by on Dec. 16, 2008 at 10:50 PM

All I can say is why are you making it your business to watch this going on? I think it is a bit gross to be watching this baby suck a boob

Quoting jeskaM:

im all for bf but im sorry and im gonna get bashed for this but I think it is gross after the age of 1 1/2..it freaks me out seeing an older child sucking on a boob

jeskaM
by on Dec. 16, 2008 at 10:50 PM

yes very disturbing...

Quoting MyahsMom:

I saw this video a while back! It's totally disturbing.

Quoting priceisright07:

Kenre
by Ruby Member on Dec. 16, 2008 at 10:53 PM

I breastfed until I was voted against by MIL, DH and doctor. They tested my milk and found it had no nutrient value and barely any fat. So, at around 9 or 10 months DS was weaned. I wanted to breastfeed until he felt it nessessary to stop. I will try again with this new baby coming up. I hope I'm not voted against again.

I did BF in public. I was in Cali, though, and carried the law folded in my pocket for those who felt the need to bash me about it. I made sure I had copies.

I'm a co-sleeping, baby carrying, cloth diapering, early potty training, vaccinating, circumcising, work at home, breastfeeding, no spanking, non-screaming, Kazdin Method using, sign language using, book loving, Pagan living Witch, pro-life, meat eating, Child Psychology class taker, head strong mommy of a baby boy (Sept 25, 07), a step-son (Jun 11, 04), due August 2009.
Join Me In These Groups: Pagan & Proud | Natural Nurturing | South of the Twin Cities MN Mom's | 2007 Babies | Baby Sign Language | Hard Ass Mommas | Minnesota Mama's | Old Fashioned & Anti Mainstream Moms | Step-Parenting | Moms Against Child Sexual Abuse | Caylee Anthony

MyahsMom
by Heather on Dec. 16, 2008 at 10:53 PM

A whole video of it was just posted. It wasn't like we're trying to go around catching glimpses of women's boobs! It was on the video!

Quoting mommybug77:

All I can say is why are you making it your business to watch this going on? I think it is a bit gross to be watching this baby suck a boob

Quoting jeskaM:

im all for bf but im sorry and im gonna get bashed for this but I think it is gross after the age of 1 1/2..it freaks me out seeing an older child sucking on a boob

mom-lovingit
by Bronze Member on Dec. 16, 2008 at 10:54 PM

Beautiful video, really moving :)

mommybug77
by on Dec. 16, 2008 at 10:55 PM

She did not say anything about the video just what grossed her out.

Quoting MyahsMom:

A whole video of it was just posted. It wasn't like we're trying to go around catching glimpses of women's boobs! It was on the video!

Quoting mommybug77:

Quoting jeskaM:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN