Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Do what is best for your child, and don't let anyone tell you that you should stop BF at 2....

by on Dec. 16, 2008 at 10:26 PM
Replies (31-38):
butterfli4201
by on Dec. 16, 2008 at 11:33 PM

Thank you for that.  I love how they made a point to say that formula feeding moms are no less mothers than a bfing mom.  I ff both of my boys because I was not as informed as I am this time around and I did not have, nor do I really have now, any support.  I regret it but am bfing my little girl and am loving every minute of it.  I am dreading the day that she decides to self wean.  I think that bfing at any age is beautiful and it is the mother and childs choice and should be no one elses business what they do so long as they do it respectfully.  I hope to bf at least until 1 1/2 but hopefully longer and if anyone has a problem with it then don't look.  I am doing what is best for me and my child.

stacymomof2
by on Dec. 16, 2008 at 11:33 PM

Well, 8 is s little too nature-loving for me.  I'm planning on weaning around 1.

autodidact
by Bronze Member on Dec. 16, 2008 at 11:38 PM

Quoting jeskaM:

im all for bf but im sorry and im gonna get bashed for this but I think it is gross after the age of 1 1/2..it freaks me out seeing an older child sucking on a boob

eye rolling

Kendrewana
by on Dec. 16, 2008 at 11:44 PM

I have no problems with BFing. BUT when the child is old enough to get his own food out of the fridge...I personally think its time to stop. I wish I could of bf'ed my dd longer than 1 month though.

CarterMommy
by on Dec. 16, 2008 at 11:47 PM

my  mom breastfed me until i was 2 1/2 or so... right before she had my sister

my older son weaned himself around 11 months

i'm still going strong with my almost 10 month old but would like to wean before the new baby arrives in July

i will not force them to do so but so far my boys have been very independent and like to do it on their own

i think a mother should be able to breastfeed for however long they like although i do think once they start school is a bit excessive

thank you for showing that video though :) almost makes me want to go wake the baby and nurse him :)

julie-1.gif picture by Shrkmom

mum2gr8byz
by on Dec. 16, 2008 at 11:49 PM

I feel the same way... :(  and I exclusively breastfed both of my babies and loved it!

Quoting Christy644:

I'm with ya

Quoting MyahsMom:

I know I'm not going to be well liked for this but I agree that I find breastfeeding a two year old and older to be odd.

mommybug77
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 9:44 PM

well my 2 y/o just nursed while watching this & loved seeing the babies with their boo boos

younglamommy
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 10:12 PM

Thank you for posting this video I loved it :).I have a 4 y/o son and a 3 y/o one and my 4 y/o just stopped BF'ing a few months ago,and my 3 y/o still BF (not anything weird though they still eat and drink regular stuff more than they BF).Breastfeeding is a natural and beautiful thing;by no means is it disgusting,even if the kids arent very little.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN