Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What do your kids play with?

Posted by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 1:19 AM
  • 10 Replies

We are poor so not really money for toys, but my son is having a blast. 

He has around him and empty cracker box, a plastic cup, an empty washed out milk jug, and an old junk catalog. 

He is a very happy baby despite our hardships. 

Krista1final.gif picture by ReachtotheStarsGroupEdits

by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 1:19 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ReachtotheStars
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 1:24 AM

He is too cute.  He found the laundry and is now inspecting the socks on top. 

wesleysmom08
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 1:25 AM

My son plays with EVERYTHING! He likes to take his pacifier and hit it against everything. He slaps the table and laughs at himself. And he LOVES to play with anything he can get his hands on (except plastic bags). He is so happy with whatever. He is not picky. He even plays with clean diapers, or the hard plastic wipes container(i clean it of course). He lkes to rip paper apart and just make a big mess, but thats ok. I love watching him have fun.

PookaboosMom
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 1:25 AM

Anything to make her climb, yesterday I found her in the kitchen sink, she decided to stack up laundry baskets and climb on in. 

ReachtotheStars
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 1:28 AM

That is too cute. 

Nicholas shredded a Victoria secret catalog that came in the mail.  He was only 8 months at the time so I thought it was acceptable.  I wouldn't give it to an older child. 

Quoting Andraste:

My son loves to play in diaper boxes and color on them. Any magazine he loves to look at, doesn't matter what it is. He sings the mail song from Blue's Clues if you give him junk mail. He plays 'guitar' on the broom and sings into hairbrushes.

Krista1final.gif picture by ReachtotheStarsGroupEdits

MamaMarinara
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 1:29 AM

My DD also plays with junk mail!!  She is also content with basically any type of carton or container.  She loves to loot my purse and will bring the change in it to our change bucket.  She's learning about saving!  The other day while we were getting ready to leave the house she kept trying to undress so to occupy her while I finished getting everything together that I needed I dumped out the change and let her fill it back up.

ReachtotheStars
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 1:37 AM

how old is she?

Quoting MamaMarinara:

My DD also plays with junk mail!!  She is also content with basically any type of carton or container.  She loves to loot my purse and will bring the change in it to our change bucket.  She's learning about saving!  The other day while we were getting ready to leave the house she kept trying to undress so to occupy her while I finished getting everything together that I needed I dumped out the change and let her fill it back up.

danarae1976
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 1:40 AM

My daughter will play with just about any thing that is not a toy..... LOL 

Right now her big thing is a colored pencil and a note pad.  She pretends to to draw whales, fish, and all sorts of other things.   She also likes to play soccer and throw the ball back and forth. 

She likes to paint and play with play doh. 

llmom1921
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 1:43 AM

HAHAHA!!!  My 8 year old and almost 5 year old played with A SOCK for 3 hours a couple of days ago!!!  A flippin' sock.........   (Guess what they are getting for Christmas??)  LOL!!!

Blinkie MakerBlinkie Maker
Blinkie MakerBlinkie Maker

soccer-3.gif

kdetone
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 1:43 AM

I made Mailboxes for their rooms and they LOVE them!!!

Folded a piece of scrabook paper in half and wrote MAIL on it then taped it on the wall outside their doors.

ReachtotheStars
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 1:46 AM

lol, the things kids do. 

Quoting llmom1921:

HAHAHA!!!  My 8 year old and almost 5 year old played with A SOCK for 3 hours a couple of days ago!!!  A flippin' sock.........   (Guess what they are getting for Christmas??)  LOL!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)