Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you think you're better than everyone else?

Posted by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 1:27 AM
  • 76 Replies

Think long and hard before you answer............

I'm shocked everyday. People seem to really be certain around here that their way is the only way, the accepted way, the right way, the Christian way, the American way, the moral way or any other way you want to say.

I suppose this is starting sh*t. I don't care. I'm wondering if anyone will think about this honestly, maybe do some self reflection, soul-searching, whatever you'd like to call it. But do you have all the answers? Do you have it all figured out?

I'm really trying to be a better person. It's a constant quest. Maybe I'll get something out of this if it becomes a discussion. I surely do not know the answers but at the same time I do sometimes feel morally superior, it's a human flaw I have unfortunately. So, that's my truth. Maybe I'll become more self-aware as this thread evolves if it does.

click here to follow me to my groups...........

by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 1:27 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
steph2884
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 1:29 AM

It's human nature. We can try to keep it under control, but it will slip out. We can strive to be better people, to not be judgemental... I think it makes us better people for just trying to be better.

Tatumsmommy0123
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 1:32 AM

I do feel myself to be better than others...but let me explain myself.  I feel that i am better than anyone who has ever abused a child, sexually, physically, emotionally.  I feel that i am better than anyone who has lost everything and ruined their life due to drugs.  I feel that i am better than anyone that depends on someone else to get where they are when they dont try to do for themselves...you get my point?

Jill42721
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 1:35 AM

This is a really tough question! I don't think I'm better than most people.  I know damn well that I don't have all the answers.  We all make mistakes - I've made my fair share.  Some people's mistakes may just haunt them longer.  Some people have bad lives and suffer for it always - it affects their decisions, who they are, what they believe, etc.  I don't think my beliefs are superior to anyone else's.  I don't think my skin colour is superior to anyone else's. 

But still - there are a few people in this world I KNOW I'm better than. 

I know I'm better than Hitler...lol.  Yeah, I know...he's dead but still...

TraceNspace

I kind of get from this post that you have a very low opinion of society and thus feel better than everyone else.

Quoting Tatumsmommy0123:

I do feel myself to be better than others...but let me explain myself.  I feel that i am better than anyone who has ever abused a child, sexually, physically, emotionally.  I feel that i am better than anyone who has lost everything and ruined their life due to drugs.  I feel that i am better than anyone that depends on someone else to get where they are when they dont try to do for themselves...you get my point?

sherry132
by Ruby Member on Dec. 17, 2008 at 1:35 AM

I think I am kinder than most people. I think I care too much. I think most people are mean and cruel and I am better than them because I do care. Do I have it all figured out... NO.... but I would never do or say some of the things I see and hear just because there has to be kindness in order for us to feel good. Too many people spend too much time hurting others. I try not to do that.

TraceNspace

You sound very healthy to me!

Quoting Andraste:

Of course not!

I know I am.

I'm kidding. I think we're all special in our own way. I've learned to embrace my flaws and use them to disturb people greatly.

It's fun, and I get bored easily.

mamamissy316
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 1:36 AM

It is human nature to compare yourself to others.  I do not often feel morally superior, but I do quite frequently feel intellectually superior.  I hate that about myself.  I just can't help it though.  

Tatumsmommy0123

Not everyone is addicted  to drugs, abuses kids, and deadbeats off of someone else...

SuthrnPrincess

To be brutally honest I don't have any of the answers nor do I have it all figured out. I work every day to make life function normally for us.

Proud mommy to 1 girl (age 10) and 4 boys (ages 7, 5, almost 3 and newborn)!
"I am still determined to be cheerful and happy, in whatever situation I may be; for I have also learned from experience that the greater part of our happiness or misery depends upon our dispositions, and not upon our circumstances."
Martha Washington (1732 - 1802)
TraceNspace
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 1:37 AM

It's supposed to be! And we're supposed to laugh at ourselves too. I want to honestly think about it but we've gotta giggle at it too. The human ego is pretty severe.

Quoting Jill42721:

This is a really tough question!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)